VideoHelp Forum


Try StreamFab All-in-One and rip streaming video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. Bought this one in Costco and need to open it for playing PAL DVD.
    Appreciate any help with instructions how to do it.
    Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Freedonia
    Search Comp PM
    If you live in the USA or Canada there is no hack for you for sure. Most Sony players can't be unlocked anywhere for region free play but a few (not many at all) sold outside of North America have reported to be able to be unlocked. If you want a BluRay player you can unlock do NOT buy Sony or Samsung for sure.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks,
    In that case can I buy DVD player and connect it to high def TV to play regular DVDs??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member edDV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rami.flam View Post
    Thanks,
    In that case can I buy DVD player and connect it to high def TV to play regular DVDs??
    Sure. Best connections in declining order

    HDMI
    Analog Component
    S-Video
    Composite
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Interesting situation. Our "house" DVD player doesn't do PAL but my Magnavox (and obviously my computer) do.
    Not that it is the best, but I simply process the PAL DVD to NTSC for the "house".
    I'd like to know if I should expect sync issues with the audio and video.
    If so, I will keep original PAL data for myself. Note that I really do need to do the conversion to NTSC for the "house".
    I do not think that I can do anything with the Panasonic combo DVD/VHS player. Old model with analog tuner.
    The interesting thing is it does play DVD;s recorded on DVD-RAM disks. That was why I bought it back in 2000.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I accidentally changed the setting for which cable I'm using--how do I get back to the setting screen where I can choose audio/video cable? (Currently frozen on a screen saying I need an HDCI connection.)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member edDV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Passowilli View Post
    I accidentally changed the setting for which cable I'm using--how do I get back to the setting screen where I can choose audio/video cable? (Currently frozen on a screen saying I need an HDCI connection.)
    Is this on the Sony BDP player?

    If you remove the disc, the menus should show on the composite video output. If a particular disc requires HDCP for high def and you don't have HDMI connected, you should still see standard def playback in analog.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for reply edDV. I just posted a fuller explanation under the DVD heading; here it is: "Trying to get a new Sony DVD player to mesh with an old Sony Trintron TV. I had it set up right using the three-pronged orange-white-yellow audio/video connector. Then I was trying to get rid of the distortion when playing a DVD and accidentally re-set it to use an HDMI connector. Now it's frozen on the screen that says I need that connector--can't get back to the settings screen. Advice"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member edDV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Passowilli View Post
    Thanks for reply edDV. I just posted a fuller explanation under the DVD heading; here it is: "Trying to get a new Sony DVD player to mesh with an old Sony Trintron TV. I had it set up right using the three-pronged orange-white-yellow audio/video connector. Then I was trying to get rid of the distortion when playing a DVD and accidentally re-set it to use an HDMI connector. Now it's frozen on the screen that says I need that connector--can't get back to the settings screen. Advice"
    What model player? Mine (DBP-BX37/S370) shows menus on composite out.

    Yellow White Red not Orange. Orange is for digital audio.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads