VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My SANYO VPC-GH4 records at it's best quality per the manual at 1920x1080 interlaced at 59.94 fields per second. Videoinfo is reporting the file to be progressive at 59.94 frames per second. I was converting to DVD size using the avisynth file:

DirectShowSource("video.mp4")
    ConvertToYV12()
    LanczosResize(720,480)

But my authoring software is complaining about the frame rate. What do I need to in the avisynth script to convert the frame rate to make the output be compatible with DVD format?

Are the flags in the video file itself not correct and need to be fixed? See the attached small video clip.

Thanks
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. You don't need the 'ConvertToYV12' line as it's already in YV12.

I wouldn't use DirectShowSource, if I were you. I used FFVideoSource (the FFMS2.dll).

You can't just resize an interlaced Hi-Def video directly to 720x480 without ruining it. It's interlaced 59.94fps and has to be both resized and converted to 29.97fps. I'm seeing almost all unique frames as having a duplicate, so I'd get the framerate down with a simple SelectEven. I'm having trouble determining the field order since you couldn't have picked a sample with less movement, but this script seems to work:

SelectEven()
    AssumeTFF()
    Yadif(Mode=1)
    LanczosResize(704,480)
    AddBorders(8,0,8,0)
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()

There are people around here, though, that know more about these things.
    Last edited by manono; 16th May 2011 at 08:30.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks,

I added a clip with more motion. I also added the output from mediainfo. mediainfo is showing the video as progressive but the camcorder manual says it should be interlaced. Either mediainfo is providing bad information or the camcorder is not writing the files properly.

What program did you use to verify the video type? Is the file being written by camcorder correctly (i.e. was mediainfo providing incorrect information?).

The seems to be above is selecting every other frame and then deinterlacing the two fields of that frame with Yadif. What is the reason for the seperatefields, selectevery, and weave?
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by johnnyquid; 16th May 2011 at 21:01. Reason: clarify question
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johnnyquid View Post
    mediainfo is showing the video as progressive but the camcorder manual says it should be interlaced...
    What program did you use to verify the video type?
    I used my eyes.
    What is the reason for the seperatefields, selectevery, and weave?
    To reinterlace it after doing the resize for DVD.
    Quote Quote