VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Chicken McNewblet
    Search Comp PM
    So I'm trying to do some 1280x720 screen capturing using Hypercam.

It seems the only format I can capture in is...full uncompressed frames. Capturing with the Intel IYUV codec produces color distortion, and capturing with the XviD codec results in a video that is sped up while the audio capture remains correctly on sync.

So, that's no problem, I was just going to record uncompressed and then convert with VirtualDub to XviD. Nope, apparently that produces the same exact problem.

XviD behaves perfectly when I'm doing all my DV video conversion...so what is its problem here?
    Quote Quote  
  2. maybe it's the capturing software? have you tried camstudio ?

or maybe you're dropping frames ? what frame rate are you capturing? is your profile up to date ? Athlon64 is older CPU, might be causing problems

recording uncompressed requires large I/O bandwidth; unless you're HDD are setup in Raid-0, you're going to drop frames
    Quote Quote  
  3. Chicken McNewblet
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, I'm on an upgraded rig now, i5 with 8GB RAM and an EVGA Geforce GTX 260.

Capturing at 30 FPS, and what about capturing straight with XviD instead of going through uncompressed video? The same problem happens.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For 720p use Camstudio and Techsmith codec. Superb quality and very easy to 30fps.

My Desktop records are make in Virtual Machine (Vmware). Have same to u I5, 16Gb, CF 6850.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Chicken McNewblet
    Search Comp PM
    I should mention that recording with Fraps produces perfect results.
    Quote Quote