VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

My system suddenly started throwing errors while verifying Double-layered (DVD9) disks after writing.

1. Thinking this was because my Nero 7 was old, I installed Nero 8. Same result.
    2. Thinking it was Nero, I installed Roxio 8. Same result.
    3. Thinking it was my Disks, I used Imation DVD+R DL instead of SONY. Same result.
    4. Thinking it was my recorder, I changed my LG into Liteon. Same result.

No problems with writing ordinary DVD5 disks, though.

I use genuine WindowsXP and have automatic updates. I use 2.66 GHz Intel processor and 1 GB SDRAM.

What's happening?

Thanks and regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on what dual layer media you are using,only verbatim is the reliable choice and imgburn for burning dual layer,nero isn't very good for dual layer burning.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Until you use good media and imgburn, there's no way to tell what's going on
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1. Thinking this was because my Nero 7 was old, I installed Nero 8. Same result.
    2. Thinking it was Nero, I installed Roxio 8. Same result.
    3. Thinking it was my Disks, I used Imation DVD+R DL instead of SONY. Same result.
    It starts bad and just gets worse!!

Honestly, after being a member here this long, one would think you would have come across oh about a million post's on this exact same issue!!
    And being such an long time member, one would also think you were privy to the super secret search function

But yeah, Verbatim & ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Whether you should even bother to do those verify scans or not is a whole other subject. I and some others feel pretty strongly that you're wasting your time, but it's your time to waste.

You should follow the Verbatim/ImgBurn advice but if you want to try to have some chance to salvage your crummy DL discs that you bought use ImgBurn to burn them and burn at 2.4x or at most 4x speed. With ImgBurn and lower speed burns you might get them to work OK but you should only buy Verbatim DVD+R DL discs in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your time. I have downloaded ImgBurn and will get Verbatim DL media. I'll report back in case there's any issue.

You all have my regards.
    Quote Quote