VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I want to send a lot of pictures such as 50. Is there a good hosting site allowing batch uploading and downloading all the pictures instead of uploading and downloading pictures one by one? It is better if the hosting site does not require sign up. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. why not zip them up?

7zip
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone seen a good free hosting site featuring batch downloading pictures after uploading them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If a preview of the pictures on a hosting site is important - then I would use Imageshack.
    If not - just zip the files together and use any hosting site, like http://www.mediafire.com/ , for example.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One of my clients loves yousendit for sending me images. Most are 3.5 - 4 MB jpg files.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jeremiah58 View Post
    If a preview of the pictures on a hosting site is important - then I would use Imageshack.
    If not - just zip the files together and use any hosting site, like http://www.mediafire.com/ , for example.
    Will zip files cause losing the picture quality? Can you provide a link or tell how to zip all the pictures such as 100 together for uploading to the hosting site? I will test the picture quality.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coody View Post
    Will zip files cause losing the picture quality? Can you provide a link or tell how to zip all the pictures such as 100 together for uploading to the hosting site? I will test the picture quality.
    No, zipping will not cause losing the picture quality.
    You can open a folder, name it as "Photos for upload" for example. Put all pictures for upload in it. Then just zip that folder and upload it to a hosting site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=Jeremiah58;2077445You can open a folder, name it as "Photos for upload" for example. Put all pictures for upload in it. Then just zip that folder and upload it to a hosting site.[/QUOTE]

After all pictures are moved into one folder and 7-zip is run, the options are Add to archive, Compress and email…, Add to “Upload 7z,” Compress to “Upload 7z” and email, Add to “Upload zip” and “Compress to “Upload zip” and email. Which one should be selected to zip the folder before uploading to a hosting site, Add to “Upload 7z” or “Upload zip”? I do not know the difference between them.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Add to archive.
    After that, you go to a web page of a hosting site, click on "Upload your files" and point to the ZIP archive on your hard disc. When uploading to a hosting site is done, just copy the link and send to your friends.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our computer section.
    Quote Quote