VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    edit... oops, can someone move this to capturing...

i just installed vdub 64bit, 1.9.11, i did a test cap uncompressed, it came out good. i installed huffyuv, did a cap test at uncopmpressed it came out fine, then i installed ffdshow did a cap test using huffyuv compression, and no audio compression, and the audio came out glitched, with intermittent pops.

note caps were from VCR tape using using Pinnacle AV/DV2 (DV500 if memory serves) device through vdub, with mainly default settings, all except for cap resolution set to 720x480.

note, these are the only 3 caps i did so far, no further testing, but i stopped right there since i remember this happening numerous times on my main system, but now since i just installed everything for the first time, on a new win7 64 bit system, i thought maybe we have a chance to diagnose this.

the only things related to video capture programs, and codecs installed are
    VirtualDub-1.9.11-AMD64
    ffdshow ffdshow-rev3572_20100913_x64
    huffyuv_220
    problem happened, then i installed lameACM-3.98.4-and64bit

thats all i have on my clean new system

-shoudl i use libavcodec for some audio codec in ffdshow configs?
    -should i use another method of compression in vdub for the audio? dont want to do this because i compress the audio to mp3 lame at a later time, so it doesnt cause sync issues on initial cap.
    Last edited by wolfdogg; 5th May 2011 at 23:38.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok problem solved, it wasnt the pcm codec at all, it was all codecs, specific to the vdub 64, i installed vdub32, same problem. once i installed ffdshow32, problem seemed to go away on vdub64. but i do hear it now and then. sounds like pops in the audio. one way that has saved alot of time, is i turned on the 'Enable Audio Playback' in capture mode, and i can hear the pops in there too, when it happens. that has saved a great deal of headaches because i just exit capture mode, and come back in, and if i dont hear this, then i know it wont happen during that capture. so im guessing its just something related to virtual dub and my capture card, or the way virtual dub grabs the audio source from my pc. i have had this happen on 2 different pc with this card, so its either vdub, or the cap card. "pinnacle dv500"
    Quote Quote