VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using DVDFab DVD Ripper, and DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper. I tried to use RipBot, and Handbrake on the same machine, but I was not able to rip any DVD or any Blu-ray Disc with either program. After doing some reading it seems that RipBot, and Handbrake do not contain their own decrypter. I'm assuming this is why RipBot, and Handbrake was not able to rip any disc I have. If i install Any DVD HD by slysoft to use as the decrypter for Ripbot, and Handbrake then will it conflict with DVDFab when I use DVDFab again to rip a DVD or Blu-ray? If Any DVD HD runs in the background automatically at system boot then I would think their would be a problem, but if it can be used on-demand only when using Ripbot, and Handbrake then I think I should be ok. So can DVDFab, and Any DVD HD be installed on the same machine without conflicts? Thanks in advance for your knowledge, and patience with a beginner!
    Last edited by shadowdrifter; 5th May 2011 at 03:44. Reason: spelling error
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use both AnyDVD and DVDFab (not the HD - Blu Ray version)....not a problem. I have removed AnyDVD from my startup so it does not "run in the background" constantly....simply because I hate programs doing what they want without me initiating them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply Hech54! I will give Any DVD HD a try then. I hope it works alright with Ripbot, and Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Personally I always find ripping a disc to the harddrive first then converting is more ideal. At the very least it saves wear and tear on your optical drive since the conversion programs read the files off the harddrive not the disc drive.

I have anydvdhd and use it for ripping blurays.

I do have dvdfab bluray 3d ripper for ripping 3d blurays into side by side h264 mkv files. While anydvdhd is active dvdfab will not load. I have to exit anydvdhd and dvdfab continues on as normal. Its not a big deal since I do anydvdhd first and rip the disc with it first than do dvdfab bluray 3d ripper second.

(anydvdhd and dvdfab can be installed on the same machine at the same time, at least in my experience anydvd has to be exited completely for dvdfab to load)
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by replying to an old thread, but I am now having an "incompatibility" issue between AnyDVD 8.1.4.3 Beta and DVDFab 10.4.1 Beta (both have been purchased and I have lifetime upgrades to each). When I try to launch DVDFab, I receive this error:
    "AnyDVD is installed. DVDFab may not be able to work properly, and meanwhile, the access to Cloud Decryption Database will be disabled. The access to Cloud Decryption Database is critical for DVDFab to completely remove the ScreenPass protection or decrypt new Blu-rays more efficiently and much faster. PLEASE UNINSTALL ANYDVD.

I have never received any errors or warnings such as this in the past 5+ years I've been using both products installed together on the same computer. Ami I just SOL and have wasted hundreds of dollars on a product that I cannot use because of this?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfab.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	41847  

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Twister29 View Post
    I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by replying to an old thread, but I am now having an "incompatibility" issue between AnyDVD 8.1.4.3 Beta and DVDFab 10.4.1 Beta (both have been purchased and I have lifetime upgrades to each). When I try to launch DVDFab, I receive this error:
    "AnyDVD is installed. DVDFab may not be able to work properly, and meanwhile, the access to Cloud Decryption Database will be disabled. The access to Cloud Decryption Database is critical for DVDFab to completely remove the ScreenPass protection or decrypt new Blu-rays more efficiently and much faster. PLEASE UNINSTALL ANYDVD.

I have never received any errors or warnings such as this in the past 5+ years I've been using both products installed together on the same computer. Ami I just SOL and have wasted hundreds of dollars on a product that I cannot use because of this?
    try installing ANYDVD to a flash drive or a separate HDD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes - tried installing to different HD - same issue. Don't think that would matter, since most programs make registry entries when installed, and apparently DVD-Fab is seeing that, no matter where it's installed. It appears that DVD-Fab is the culprit, since the v10.4.0 previous "stable" release works just fine - no errors/warnings. I have contacted their support, and am waiting patiently for a response.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Quote