VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everybody,

Two weeks ago, my PC suddenly crashed and started again, nothing happened except that most of the folders I had on my WD external hard drive suddenly changed into unrecognized files with a size of 32 KB only, those files used to be DVD movies folders and now, they are only 32 KB files, but what makes me comfortable about it is the size of the hard disc which is still the same, so that means the data is still inside the drive and not lost yet hopefully, so can anyone help me in how to get my data back, I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, I googled everywhere but nothing useful, I used lots of data recovery tools, no use also, but first thing I did is that I kept an image file for the drive so I can get it back to where it was after the crash, however there was this good guide that everyone was happy with but it was all under windows XP which is different from 7

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried right clicking on the drive icon, properties/tools - error checking?

sounds like what can happen to a usb thumb drive if not properly closed before removing.

if file recovery tools can't find anything it's most likely toast. i'd re-format it and start over. next time make an image before it dies?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote