VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a side by side or over/under video that can be watched in 3d with a 3d player like stereoscopic player but you want to make a anaglyph 3d file of it that is hardcoded this is what you need to do with MULTIAVCHD (version 4.1 build 770 is used in this example)

1 - load video in multiavchd

2 - select the video to be converted then click properties - in the properties window click ALTER DETECTED PROPERTIES

3 - Select stereo left/right in my case or choose the order the video is in. Click ok.

4 - While still in properties click the TRANSCODE button. Immediately left of the APPLY button is the CREATE 3D ANAGLYPH check box - check it. Click apply.

5 - Click ok to save and close the properties tab.

6 - Back on the main screen click the settings tab. On the right side above the mpeg encoder selection box is the 3d ENCODING selection window. Choose the type of glasses you'll be using. I use trioscopic green/magenta glasses so that is what I select. Select your choice.

7 - prepare the avchd the rest of the way you want. Then start and choose your output options.

8 - I assume this would be usable for any of the output options multiavchd has to offer from avi to mkv and the like. I assume this means that a standard defintion dvd can be produced as well in anaglyph form. I have only personally created an avchd from a 3d bluray rip (originally ripped and converted to side by side h264 mkv by dvd fab 3d bluray ripper - originally ripped to iso with anydvdhd).

--------------------------------------

I can post screen shots of the individual steps if you would like. However I am currently encoding another movie to 3d anaglyph right now so text will have to suffice for now.

---------------------------------------

I believe this is the first guide I have officially posted on videohelp.com. Please feel free to offer criticism (constructive only please).

--------------------------------------

One last note to my knowledge in the alter properties selection I do not believe there is an option to use individual left and right or top and bottom files. This is only for a combined single video. There may be a process in multiavchd for combining individual files to 3d anaglyph but I do not know.

That would be for someone else to experiment and post a seperate guide.

I hope that the hours and hours I've poured into this endeavor will help others.

-----------------------------------------

Special thanks to jagabo and cornucopia for their contributions in related threads with assistance using avisynth and virtualdub before I stumbled into the multiavchd way. Gavino also contributed in that thread as did Jman98 - thanks to everyone for helping me in this journey for 3d perfection without a 3dtv.

edit - Special thanks also to the creator of MULTIAVCHD - An epic program if there ever was one!!!
    Last edited by yoda313; 26th Apr 2011 at 20:28.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote