VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a Toshiba Camelio S20 which records to AVI containing FF AAC & H.264 AVC (variable bitrates).

I can playback recorded files fine on my PC. However I don't get sound in Sony Vegas or MS DVD Movie Maker.

I researched and found out about demuxing the AAC and converting it to WAV, etc. I found this a lengthy process. Muxing the WAV & AVI back together is a bit troublesome due to the VBR (or something).

I was wondering whether anyone know a batch/tool to demux, convert the AAC and remux the AVI... so effectively I can just simply import the AVI into Sony Vegas or MS DVD Movie Maker, etc. without separate audio stream hassle?

I have used AVI-Mux_GUI-1.17.8.3 VirtualDub and both gave me out-of-sync audio with silent gaps, etc.

AviDemux says the video might be using B-frames as keyframes? so will get stuttering... and if I rebuild the P-frames... then it gets out of sync.... :S
    Last edited by andwan0; 25th Apr 2011 at 15:39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try xmedia recode(a ffmpeg frontend), open avi, under format choose avi, under audio track choose pcm, under the video tab select video copy. Add job and encode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You could try xmedia recode(a ffmpeg frontend), open avi, under format choose avi, under audio track choose pcm, under the video tab select video copy. Add job and encode.
    Thanks for the link. I did try it but it comes out with no sound.

Previously I used https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/267680-Demuxing-aac-file-from-AVI this guide (the guys script works for ffmpeg).. so ffmpeg must be able to demux aac okay. Plus I can play the original video file in Windows with sound. Just no sound when I try to convert....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried using avidemux to remux the avi straight into an mp4 container without any conversions? Vegas 10 usually handles mp4 with H.264 and AAC without any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Munster1 View Post
    Have you tried using avidemux to remux the avi straight into an mp4 container without any conversions? Vegas 10 usually handles mp4 with H.264 and AAC without any problems.
    Wow, I did use avidemux before and didn't like it... but I just used it again and it works! Well, aslong as I convert the audio to anything other than AAC then I get a working sound stream that is recognised in Vegas 9.0. If I Copy or use AAC in audio convert then I get no sound in Vegas 9.0... even though I get sound by playing back normally in WMP or MPC....

Strange.

I was thinking about rebuilding the i-p frames... but not doing so didn't make any difference...
    Quote Quote