VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I've got a 155 minute AVI file that I want to turn into a DVD player playable DVD. ConvertXtoDVD version 3 turns it into a 95 minute file with the video played too fast, whilst the audio remains normal speed. As far as rthe log was concerned there were no errors. This hasn't happened to any AVI file I've tried to convert before. AVIdemux and VideoDubMod both cannot load the AVi file although Media Player classic has no problems playing it. I don't care one whit about video quality, I just want a DVD that my Dad's standard DVD plyer will play. Can you suggest what is wrong, a potential fix or a simple fast and free converter that will not have this problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For the 1 millionth time...an "AVI file" can contain dozens of different audio/video codec combinations. What exactly is inside this AVI file? Load it into GSpot and post the results.
    Quote Quote  
  3. File type: ogg media

Mime type: application/x-ogg

Now, can someone please answer my question?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That can't be all that's in the AVI... what are you using to get information on the video? Run it through MediaInfo, in Tree Mode; copy the information it gives you and paste it here.
    There's also GSpot, of which you can post a screenshot of the output window. However, GSpot doesn't support video containers other than AVI and MPEG as well - and as you mentioned Ogg Media, that makes me wonder if your AVI isn't a renamed .OGM video. I'd certainly prefer to see more information before jumping to that conclusion, though.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wow...what a ____.
    Quote Quote  
  6. So, I did what the first guy asked. I downloaded a program and told you what it said. So nobody is willing to hhave even a guess what is happening?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The file is faulty - corrupt data, bad index, something. Post a full tree view of the file details from mediainfo so we can see what it thinks of the file. Playback is easier than encoding. Many several players are robust enough to get past minor and even major issues with a file and still play it back. Encoding, on the other hand, required the file contain good data, and no errors. if you have a player that can play the file, you might be able to do a screen capture of the playback and encode your DVD from that. Otherwise, you8 will have to either fix the file, or get a better source.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The VSO convertx log may have some clues, sounds like something to do with the frame rate is off.
    Give AVStoDVD a shot to do the conversion.
    Quote Quote