VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD-Audio disc (at least, I think it is). A friend gave it to me along with an ISO image of it. There's an AUDIO_TS folder with contains four ".aob" files whose audio VLC will play nicely. However, I'd like to rip the audio to something like AIFF (or FLAC or Apple Lossless, whatever). If I use VLC to do the export, I end up with nothing but noise. MPEG Streamclip goes off into Neverneverland when I try to open the DVD and can't open the ".aob" files at all.

Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's an Ehow page that suggests it may be done with iTunes (who would have thought?). Upto two channels, though, per iTunes import settings. Untested by me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried that eHow advice before I posted here. iTunes doesn't have a clue what to do with the ".aob" file no matter how you configure its settings. However, Audio Hijack Pro seems to be doing the job. I'll post back confirmation once the entire "rip" is concluded and I have a chance to verify it.
    Last edited by rumplestiltskin; 24th Apr 2011 at 16:09.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    [ nevermind ]
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 24th Apr 2011 at 17:20.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. Audio Hijack Pro did the trick. All I have to do now is splice the aob's together where the audio actually carried over from one to the next. Then I can split the files ay the silence divisions and I'm done.
    Quote Quote