VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchased a new BD player. The S580 from Sony. I noticed the Sony works the FF and RW functions different than my old LG. When watching a show/movie etc, my LG would show a slidshow of the movie as you moved foward or in rewind. The slideshow was limited but helped in finding the area you wanted to get to. My Sony only shows the time movment while the scene from where you were is static. Is this how they are doing it now?
    Don't give in to DVD2ONE, that leads to the dark side.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you referring to netflix itself?

Or are you referring to bluray disc playback? It might be dependent on the movie itself. I think different movies show fast forwarding differently - I don't know that for a fact however, never really paid attention to be honest.

Have you checked the players menu system? Perhaps you can enable it or disable whatever features the player has?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm refering the the Nexflix feature. Thanks. Yeah, I don't see a setting in the menu system to ajust the Netflix feature. Which way does yours work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have netflix anymore. When I did I used my ps3 or xbox 360 to watch it. I don't remember seeing a little preview window during fast forward or reverse. Doesn't mean it wasn't there just that I don't recall. And a console might be setup differently from a settop player anyway.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I see it when streaming videos from netflix to my pc through my browser, but i setup a Wii recently to watch netflix through and i do not see the preview thumbnails below the main window so it might just be something that shows up through web browsers ?

But if your standalone LG player showed them then maybe it's something that only certain players are set up to show.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The feature was useful when FF through the credits to start shows.
    Quote Quote  
  7. When i use ff and rw while streaming netflix with my PS3, thumbnails appear.
    I just finished watching some episodes of Sliders that way, and that's how it worked.

Normally, if need to ff or rw, i just pause it, then use the arrow keys to go through the thumbnails.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Joe The Dude View Post
    When i use ff and rw while streaming netflix with my PS3, thumbnails appear.
    I just finished watching some episodes of Sliders that way, and that's how it worked.

Normally, if need to ff or rw, i just pause it, then use the arrow keys to go through the thumbnails.
    Yes, you have explained it better. That's exactly how my old one worked. The new player does'nt have that feature. The PS3 is a dated machine I assume. I don't own one. I wonder what people with new machines (BD players) are experiencing?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marco33
    The PS3 is a dated machine I assume
    How do you mean?

It has regular firmware updates. To suggest it is just like it was when it launched is not correct. Yes the hardware chipsets are fixed back to the launch date but how it does things and what it can do software side are always evolving.

Don't forget the ps3 did not launch with netflix support. That was added on later
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    Originally Posted by marco33
    The PS3 is a dated machine I assume
    How do you mean?

It has regular firmware updates. To suggest it is just like it was when it launched is not correct. Yes the hardware chipsets are fixed back to the launch date but how it does things and what it can do software side are always evolving.

Don't forget the ps3 did not launch with netflix support. That was added on later
    Sorry let's get away from the PS3. I guess what I realy want to know is; is the way my new player handels Netflix (ff function) now the "standard". So instead of thumbnail FF, which is the way my old player handeled it and like the PS3 does, it just shows the time moving foward with no visable indication of movment. Basicaly you have to guess where you are by the time code.
    Quote Quote