VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am going to buy a new HD videocamera. Essential for me is to have a camera that saves metadata to be used to stamp the film with date and time with e.g. "dvmppro". Today I use a Sony HDV videocamera. It seems that Sony saves metadata.
    However I asked Panasonic if they do the same and got a negative answer.
    As far as I can see on Panasonic HD-files they have a date and time, But hey are not metadata that can be used to stamp the film with the timestamp.
    Are there someone who can explain the difference and why the panasonic data cannot be used to stamp the film.
    Quote Quote  
  2. what kind of camera?

if it's avchd camera it should work with avchd2srt
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/316229-Export-AVCHD-frame-specific-metadata-to-subtitles

you can try the GUI caen44 put together at the end of the thread
    Quote Quote  
  3. It is a Panasonic SDT750 I am thinking of, but as Panasonic say that their videocameras (neither stillcameras) donot save metadata I believe I cannot stamp the film with date/time.
    Last year I received some AVCHDlite-files from a Lumix ZX3 stillcamera. I discovered then that they did not contain metadata and could not be stamped with timestamp using DVMP PRO.

Does the program "AVCHD2SRT" use something else than metadata so I can stamp the films also from Panasonic.

Or should I omit to buy Panasonic and concentrate on Sony? My old HD-camera is a Sony and Sony has confirmed that they include metadata on their AVCHD-cameras.
    Quote Quote