VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Trilogy-Extended/dp/B0026L7H20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=...3218667&sr=8-1

Well the extended editions are now coming to bluray. Are you buying this set?

I have the extended editions on dvd. They look great. I don't have a 1080p set so the dvds look just fine upconverted on my hdtv. I would like to have the bluray set but it is not critical to me. I haven't watched my dvds in quite sometime. It would seem excessive to get the bluray just to have them when I don't watch my dvds all the time (I'm referring to my lotr set of course - I still watch dvds all the time obviously just not this particular set ).

I'm gonna have the same issue this fall when Star Wars comes out on bluray. I already have two sets of the original trilogy on dvd. I have the first release original trilogy pack and the second release that came with the laserdisc dubs of the original unaltered versions. I also haven't been watching the original trilogy on dvd as much as I have in the past.

I would love the fidelity of the bluray set but moneys a bit tight these days and I already own them on dvd.

What i might do for Star Wars is check out ebay for the bonus discs. I'm always into more background on the movies.

I also dont' know if I'd ever get the prequels on bluray. For me the dvds for the prequels are great in there own way.

Part of it might be I dont' have a hdmi receiver that can do hd audio. If I did I might be more persuaded to go bluray for higher audio quality.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm with you there Yoda.
    My telly is 1080, but I've no intention of re-buying the extended editions on BD when I've already got the DVD's.
    Quote Quote