VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Confession: after reading many posts, i have to consider myself a newbie even though i know my way around most things, i am not in the same league as most of you. my issue: was looking for DRM removal and paid for Aimersoft found to be worthless at least for me. did not remove and only shrank good files to unuesable. FYI if anyone seeks the same, don't buy this product they don't refund even though they use msleading verbage in sales. Otherwise, as it seems DRM is here tostay, anyone have any real info on playing files with it as seeingly most use it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It helps if you say what type of file. FairUse4WM is good for WMV/WMA files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry; you are, of course, completely right. An oversight and my bad. Thanks for the schooling. I am trying to learn. The file type I am most concerned with are WM V. As for Gairuse, I downloaded it and kept just getting error messages. I forget which as I have tried about everything out there and none of the freebies worked so I paid for Aimersoft DRM Converter. I have read a lot of opinions and in different forums. I hear a lot that MS has put the hex on FairUse rendering it ineffective, as well as most others; especially the free ones. Thanks, again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    comngo, the font and the color you've chosen for your post makes the text almost unreadable. Any special reason for that? You will get a lot more replies if our members can read what you've posted.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    comngo, the font and the color you've chosen for your post makes the text almost unreadable. Any special reason for that? You will get a lot more replies if our members can read what you've posted.
    I strongly agree with this. Posting again in that font is a terrific way to not get any help.

Anyway, Microsoft's current DRM hasn't been cracked as far as I know. If you have a WMA or WMV file made within, say, the past 2 years the best option is probably to use a streaming media recorder and record it while it plays.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I can't read that STUPID font.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Same here can't read the font
    CHEERS GARRY
    Quote Quote  
  8. LOL. I override font and font size in the browser so I didn't realize there was anything unusual about the OP's post.

Oh, you can also use a screen recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    LOL. I override font and font size in the browser so I didn't realize there was anything unusual about the OP's post.

What sort of impact does this have on the video and sound ?
    CHEERS GARRY
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I can tell you that in my personal experience, apps like Tunebrite or DRMbuster seem to be quite worthless. They can't really do what they lead you to believe they can do.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by garryward View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    LOL. I override font and font size in the browser so I didn't realize there was anything unusual about the OP's post.

What sort of impact does this have on the video and sound ?

you can record lossless, (huge filesizes) , then re-encode to another format

so the losses you incur will be from the re-encoding (generation loss)
    Quote Quote