VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi folks.

I've been living in a cave for the past few years, so I haven't been able to keep up with wich software to use when ripping and converting dvd9 to dvd5. Last time I did this, I used something called "Dvd Decrypter", Dvd Remake Pro, and Dvd Shrink.

I have read a lot of post in this forum and so far I've installed: DvdFab HD Decrypter for the ripping process, but I can't really find something to replace both Remake and Shrink since they both seem a bit outdated. I used Remake to cut out commercials and extras and such. Shrink to transcode.

Can someone please give me some advice on which programs are the best now a days. Would be much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDShrink still works perfectly once you have ripped with DVDFabDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ahh, nice

Can any one recommend something else tha Remake to edit?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What makes you thing DVDRemake will not work after ripping with DVDFabDecrypter like DVDShrink works after ripping with DVDFabDecrypter?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, i use dvdfab to rip & still use dvdshrink & dvdrebuilder, depending on how much compressing needs to be done or how important it is to me.

And dvdremake & vobblanker depnding on what i want to remove.
    Quote Quote  
  6. hech54:
    What makes you thing DVDRemake will not work after ripping with DVDFabDecrypter like DVDShrink works after ripping with DVDFabDecrypter?
    I have no doubt DVDRemake will work just fine, but I was just wondering if new software has come out since the last time I was doing this stuff Silly to pay for a license for a 3 year old program if new/better sw has come out since then I know: If it ain't broken, don't fix it

Can DVDRebuilder do the same as Remake?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by boeniz View Post
    Can DVDRebuilder do the same as Remake?
    They are 2 different tools for different things, which i basically said in my post.

But you can click on the links and it say's what each tool is and does
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks folks. I'll have a look at it.
    Quote Quote