VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi guys
    need a replacement for itunes, something i can use to watch video off my ipod directly, without putting them on my computer.
    also to add/delete video files, rate and make playlists.
    using copytransmanager and winamp atm.
    copytrans manager is great BUT crashes everytime i use it..if i edit or rate more than one file at a time...which is evertime. tried re installing but still crashes more than a blind driver.
    winamp is good for deleting & rating files but cant view video files on there to check what file it is and if i want to delete it

any ideas?? please?????????????/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the only thing you can do for that is to use some kind of video capture device. You would play them in realtime off the ipod over the video output cable and watch in the video capture program - you wouldn't have to record just watch it in the preview window.

Since itunes is copy protected for nearly all of their videos I don't believe any other software will do what you want - unless you hack it yourself? I wouldn't recommend that though unless you've hacked a media player before. It would in all likelihood void your warranty unless if its a softmod that could be removed. But hacking could potentially brick your ipod so do so only at your own risk.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    use a few programs to get the same result
    contacted copytrans manager and told them its a great program but you need to het it more stable

winamp to transfer videos to my hard drive
    freemake video converter to shrink them and /or convert them to mp4 aswell as viewing the videos..its an awesome program, big thanks to baldrick for recommending that one!
    Quote Quote