VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi people

This is a bit strange, so I hope you can help me out. I have these two files (1 and 2) and I tried to mux them (eg. merge, right?) ... the thing is... It did create one big file with the same size as the two smaller ones; BUT, the file only contained file nr. 1 as content... Ehm, any ideas? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds you are making a ts/m2ts with two video tracks.

I think you should first click add and for the other join.
    Quote Quote  
  3. When you merge(join) the files they become one file but the legnth get's increased example: ,1 show goes for 10 mins and the next for 25 mins you add the 10minutes show the join the 25 minute show you get a 35 minute show; if you want to add the two shows seperately i guess instead of adding using the join button just you add or drag n drop.

Have you looked through the final result to see if both viseos are there because sometimes tsmuxer stuffs up the timecodecs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Baldrick: Trying it out now. I have a good feeling about this. Dylz: Giggles... yeah, well... the files were 50 minutes each, but the result wasn't 100... but only 50.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Baldrick: Holy smoke, it worked. One file with the right size and lenght. I just have to watch the thing, to make sure it's proper. Thanks, both of you. Do you guys perhaps know if the muxing reduces quality? Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Muxing is direct copying of the files so no quality is reduced.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote