VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i rip streaming files to hard and put them on my ipod.. however some of the files are too big i need to compress them
    the program i use, videora ipod converter compressors but there are some on my ipod still i have take off and need to compress further....any programs out there that are free that can shrink them???

i tried downloading one called mp4 video compressor but it wouldnt even run, seems dodgy
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Handbrake. Open the video. Load the ipod profile. Under the video tab can you set the output file size.

Or check in videora if you can change the video bitrate=lower bitrate=smaller file size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    will try it out, never had much success with handbrake before...i know people love it but its never worked well for me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Another simple and free tool would be Freemake Video Converter. Adjust the bitrate for smaller size.
    Quote Quote  
  5. When using Freemake Video Converter is it possible to convert a 2.02GB file to 44MB. What would be a good bitrate to try this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JasonQuinn1992 View Post
    When using Freemake Video Converter is it possible to convert a 2.02GB file to 44MB. What would be a good bitrate to try this?
    Not content to starting three or four topics on this, you now try to hijack another one.

You CAN NOT compress a 2 GB file to 44 meg. Impossible. Comprenez ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you can do it, of course. The question is, would you like the results? Most likely not.

I could probably do something like that if I were creating video for my (non-smart) phone. It still wouldn't look and sound all that great, though - more so if I viewed it anywhere outside my phone.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    Well, you can do it, of course. The question is, would you like the results? Most likely not.

I could probably do something like that if I were creating video for my (non-smart) phone. It still wouldn't look and sound all that great, though - more so if I viewed it anywhere outside my phone.
    You may well be right but this guy is NOT actually talking about mp4. He wants to do this with mpeg2 dvd quality. Need to see all the other topics.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah, If the 2GB file is ALREADY mpeg2 compressed (say, maybe 30:1) and you add on TOP of that 46:1 compression to get it down to 44MB, that's 1380:1 compression! That has GOT to look like SHIT!
    What people continually fail to realize is how greatly compressed DVD/BD files ALREADY are...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. I actually converted the file to MP4 to put the files on a playable disc... so yeah if I can I need MP4 now
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JasonQuinn1992 View Post
    I actually converted the file to MP4 to put the files on a playable disc... so yeah if I can I need MP4 now
    Dream on.

1. The conversion will look crap.

2. No disk will play in a dvd player

I'm done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Jason didn't state he was playing the discs in a DVD player, did he? Could be a PC, or Blu-Ray player.

There are some DVD players that'll play MP4, though. My Phillips DVP-5990 will play MP4s, but mainly only if they're a DivX/Xvid video stream and an MP3 audio stream muxed into an MP4 container.
    Last edited by Ai Haibara; 28th Jun 2012 at 03:40. Reason: wrong player model
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    Jason didn't state he was playing the discs in a DVD player, did he?
    Yes he did....several times in the numerous threads he either created or hijacked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, for the moment. MP4 support is rather rare among DVD players, and those that do support it don't really mention it all that much, as far as I've seen (such as in the case of my 5990, for example).

Jason, just for the sake of argument, what are you playing these MP4 files on? Especially if you're still intending to compress everything to small filesizes like 44MB.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I want to play the disc in a DVD Player
    Quote Quote  
  16. He's either a troll or a complete idiot, take your pick. And right after Ai Haibara was willing to cut him some slack, too.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I vote for complete idiot.

2Gb to 44Mb wouldn't even look any good on a mobile phone.
    Quote Quote