VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone suggest an MKV editor? I have used MakeMKV on a Mac (OS X 10.6.7) to rip my DVD of Star Wars - I simply wish to edit the MKV file (remove certain parts, etc).

I tried Aimersoft Video Studio Express and it says it doesn't recognize the video format. Same thing when I tried opening it in MKVtools - any ideas why? The MKV file plays just fine in VLC player and I've been able to convert it to mp4 format using Handbrake.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MakeMKV makes a mkv with mpeg2 video from the dvd and not many editors supports that. But try avidemux and mpeg streamclip.

Or just rip the dvd with something else and then open the dvd vob in mpeg streamclip or avidemux.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    MakeMKV makes a mkv with mpeg2 video from the dvd and not many editors supports that. But try avidemux and mpeg streamclip.

Or just rip the dvd with something else and then open the dvd vob in mpeg streamclip or avidemux.
    Thanks for the quick reply - tried both. avidemux just keeps crashing when I try and save the file, and mpeg streamclip wont let me open the file (greyed out when I try to open it)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then I don't think you will find anything that will be able to cut it easily it without reconversion.

Rip the dvd with something that rips to a dvd folder instead like ripit or mactheripper.
    Quote Quote