VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Friends,

I've a live show's recording that the audio is too loud. I would like to know if exists some way to adjust It?
    I'm sending as an attachment a sample of the recording, so if possible, tell me if there a some way to adjust It.

Thanks for my poor english.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. MP3Directcut, ctrl A to select all, ctrl M to normalize and ctrl W to save. Or you can just adjust the level manually (forget the key combo for that).
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's still going to sound like crap. That clip is hopelessly overmodulated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    once the peaks are clipped off they are gone for good, there is no way to recover the lost part of the audio.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. jagabo, I've the original source in wav format. I attached as MP3 only for a sample.
    aedipuss, what the software I'll have to use to do what you said?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Open the WAV in a WAV Editor (Audacity is good and free) and lower the volume (Effect->Amplify).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by roglopes View Post
    jagabo, I've the original source in wav format. I attached as MP3 only for a sample.
    Going back to the original WAV isn't going to help. All you're going to get is a less loud version of the same blown out audio. Ie, it will sound the same (completely unidentifiable) just less loud.

You can use Audacity as manono mentioned. Audacity also has a peak restoration filter which works with slightly blown out peaks. But your audio way too far gone.
    Last edited by jagabo; 2nd Apr 2011 at 20:00.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've used a VST plugin called Relife in the past with some good results. However, I couldn't get anything useful with your mp3.
    Here's where to get it if you want to give it a try.

http://terrywest.nl/utils.html
    Quote Quote  
  9. davexnet, Relife is used on Audacity?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Friends,

Here's a new sample, more useful.
    Please, listen It.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by roglopes View Post
    davexnet, Relife is used on Audacity?
    You get the DLLs and stick them in the Plugins folder of Audacity. Then after opening Audacity go Edit->Preferences->Rescan VST Effects... Close Audacity and then reopen it. After it does the scanning it shows up as two of the effects, TWest Productions: Relife and Relife Mono.

Thanks, davexnet, I can use this.
    Quote Quote  
  12. You're never going to get anything listenable out of that. Give and and call it a learning experience.
    Quote Quote