VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I couldnt find anything about this anywhere, and got no answers in other forums, so I try here.

I have XP SP3.
    everything was fine untill few days ago my MPG files started showing shorter running time then the actual time.
    For exemple : movies of 30+ mins are shown as 7:18 min.
    -30 ones show usualy 4 mins.
    now I can still see the whole movie, but it effects other programs, like convertion tools and split programs.
    Of the 4 movie players I got, only 1 shows the actual time (MPC, WMP, Zplayer - show false time. only MPCSTAR shows the correct running time).

Since I installed new K-lite pack few weeks ago, I thought it might be it and uninstalled it, but without it it still happens.
    tried uninstalling any codec tool or similar but nothing changed.

Other files, like AVI, MP4 etc, are running ok.

Any idea or advice?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You probably need a new mpeg2 decoder. Maybe try ffdshow and configure to decode mpeg2.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You probably need a new mpeg2 decoder. Maybe try ffdshow and configure to decode mpeg2.

Well I tried it, chose the options related to mpeg2, but the problem still remains.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Find out what is the MPEG splitter that is being used by MPC for example.
    Probably something you've installed recently has just changed what was working fine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Find out what is the MPEG splitter that is being used by MPC for example.
    Probably something you've installed recently has just changed what was working fine.
    While trying to found which splitter MPC use I found the problem and fixed it.
    had to open MPC options and enable MPEG1, MPEG2, and MPEG TS\PS\PVA
    (under Internal Filters option).

Thanks for all your help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Good that you fixed it but do note that installing K-lite is quite possibly what broke it in the first place. This is why we don't recommend installing codec packs - they break things that used to work before.
    Quote Quote