VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Hi,

I would like to tell about my product, which allows to organize your video collection by detecting each and every duplicate video file on you hard drive, even if they are stored in different formats or resolution.

The site is visualsearchpony.com

I would be glad to get any feedback.

Thanks,
    - Alex.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I approved your post as the idea of finding duplicate videos sounds interesting. You might want to submit it to our 'Tools' forum: https://www.videohelp.com/toolsedit?newtool=1

And welcome to our forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Thanks for approval and hint.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    This looks like a great program I am using it now. Thank You for writing it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Works well. Had it scan 2000 images. Found 90 duplicates and and handful of very close matches. Reasonably fast as well. Not something I would use every day, but it is nice to see this type of search in actually working.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    ANK, guns1inger,

Thank you for the feedback.

Glad to hear that you liked it.

Thanks,
    - Alex.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    got stuck on a m2t then crashed and burned
    Last edited by zoobie; 23rd Mar 2011 at 21:13.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    zoobie,

Thank you for the feedback.

Could you please let me know your operation system and which codec pack is installed.

This .m2t file, is it open correctly by other programs? Is there any way for me to get it for testing?

Thanks,
    - Alex.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    XPP...no codec packs...just a very few codecs I need
    I don't know which m2t file it was because it doesn't say
    beginning to think a m2t file is corrupt somewhere because VSP hangs on it every time
    I got better results by selecting individual folders rather than just the whole drive
    perhaps tool tips are needed so when you hover over a button, it says what it does
    seems like a good ap overall but kind of confusing...
    you'd think the checkmarked boxes would be trashed but I have to select each with ctrl+click whether it's checked or not

I may spend more time trying to figure it out but right now, I'm in the middle of a huge project
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search PM
    zoobie,

Thank you for the information, but how did you know, that it was .m2t which crashed the application? I'm asking because our product actually do not support .m2t files and should not even try to open them.

To quickly manage checkmarked results, please use one of , , buttons.

> perhaps tool tips are needed so when you hover over a button, it says what it does

Thanks for suggestion. I'll certainly do that.

- Alex.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It got stuck on it so at first I thought it was m2t but then realized I had converted some m2t to avi.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search PM
    zoobie,

Thank you for clarification.

Could you be so kind and give me that .avi file?

- Alex.
    Last edited by vsp; 25th Mar 2011 at 13:45.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, vsp. The website has a $25 purchase button next to the download button, but I couldn't find mention anywhere on the site as to whether this is donation-requested freeware or unlimited/limited shareware. Could you please clarify the terms you're offering this under, and especially any hard limitations in functionality and/or usable duration? Thanks!

Best,

Calidore
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search PM
    Hi Calidore,

Thank you for the question.

The license costs $25 and includes 6 months support and future minor updates, like bug-fixes, usability and so on.

The 30-days trial is fully functional, so the user could make sure the Visual Search Pony satisfies one's needs.

We also give free licenses, to those who wants to write about our product in his or her blog/website.

Thanks,
    - Alex.

P.S. Do you tried it? What was the impression?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Where can I find the software and what is it's name?

Cheers

John.
    MrHotDogUK
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you read the first post? www.visualsearchpony.com
    Quote Quote  
  17. Soz I should open my eyes LOL.

Cheers

John.
    MrHotDogUK
    Quote Quote  
  18. There is a problem with this search tool: it's awfully slow. It takes about 1 min to check a single file on ONE 3,1 ghz athlon II core (because it is't use more than 1 core).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Its not too bad .. But it failed on file 61 of 349 and thats it.. it just stopped . No clue as to why.
    Time to look up error handling in the programming manual.
    Hint outputting some/all info may be required.Dont be thin-skinned.
    ALso dont ouput the video to screen .. its unnecessary and slows the program, it also heats up my gfx card.
    Terabytes is the correct spelling.

This should be ported to OPENCL, with only a small stub running on the CPU.(for the future)
    Last edited by RabidDog; 5th Feb 2012 at 13:39. Reason: subjugation, re-entry of the matmos.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  20. From my experience, Visual Search Pony gets stuck scanning through MPG files.
    Check if you have any mpegs and take them out, start scanning through them until you eventually find an offending file.

Now, at some point they had a version 9.3 that was a total mess, it detected all files as duplicates regardless of the fact they were not.

Now I see that the program has been updated but I can't use it because the serial number they had given me wouldn't work, and now it just shuts off. I emailed their support but no answer from them.

Ridiculous.

Installed the trial on another machine. It has the same version number but a different interface, so hopefully they fixed the bugs but it does not really help because I need to be able to run it on my main machine.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search PM
    Hello All,

Just wanted to make a little status update:
    - new v12.0 is available
    - we improved accuracy and reduced cpu usage
    - we've added sensitivity slider and two types of video reading (fast and stable)
    - we've added possibility to controll size and position of analyzed video fragment (and thus make it very fast)

Plans:
    In the nearest future we will add possibility to ignore a certain type of video files, for those who observe repeated crashing on some file type. This will be 12.1 and upgrade from 12.0 will be free.

P.S. Goblin, could you please contact our support at http://visualsearchpony.com/contact/, so we can help you.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search PM
    FYI

We changed the name of the product to Duplicate Video Search and released a new version, which includes several bug fixes and accuracy improvement.
    Quote Quote  
  23. This is what I'm looking for. However, Norton Antivirus complains about it having a bad reputation, and deletes the download. Until I find out more or Norton accepts it, I guess I won't be downloading it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search PM
    We've already contacted Symantec regarding this incedent and now waiting this to be resolved.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search PM
    For your information.

Most probably the false positive was caused by Licensing and Protection subsystem, that we used to create 30 days trial.

We've removed protection from trial version and updated the setup, so now Norton should be treating that well. Also it is now possible to use Trial more than 30 days.

The trial limitations are:
    - only first 10 found duplicates are shown
    - signature cache is disabled

By purchasing a full version it is possible to:
    - view and manage all found duplicate video files
    - speed up the search process through using signature cache (each video file is read only once in that case)

The updated version can be found at http://duplicatevideosearch.com/download/vspsetup.exe
    Quote Quote  
  26. Unfortunately that did not resolve anything, Norton still objects. I did find I could download ver 14.3 at http://download.cnet.com/Duplicate-Video-Search/3000-2193_4-75183975.html, no objections from Norton. I have licensed it under a different user id/e-mail. So far so good.
    Will see what the results are. Separate inquiry going to your support.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search PM
    Thank you for this information. Could you please let us know the Norton's version, you use?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Version 19.7.1.5
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search PM
    Ok. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Also I've noticed that the file downloaded from CNET was 5960 KB, the one from your site (turned off Norton) was only 4246.
    Quote Quote