VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So do any US pro or college sports have mercy rules?

I just watched Michigan trash Tennesse by 30 points in the NCAA men's basketball tournament.

I guess the major sports don't have any forfeit rules. Are there any college sports that do?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    So do any US pro or college sports have mercy rules?

I just watched Michigan trash Tennesse by 30 points in the NCAA men's basketball tournament.

I guess the major sports don't have any forfeit rules. Are there any college sports that do?
    if i remember correctly college softball has a mercy rule that kicks in when the lead is 10 runs or more, but i'm not 100 percent sure on that, i will have to look into it.

personally i hate mercy rules, i say run up the score as high as you can, i think there was a college football game recently that ended something like 80-0 (or something ridiculous like that), i love blow outs, pummel them, humiliate them, make them regret the day they stepped on the field with you, i say.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by deadrats
    i love blow outs
    Man thats rough. Even for rivalry games I'll feel sorry for the loser even if I hate that team - if its an extreme disparity. (except for the Colorado Avalanche back in the glorious rivalry days between them and the Wings when every game was a battle - ahh the good old days in nhl....)

It would be interesting if softball did have a mercy kill.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks deadrats. Looks like you were right about college baseball.
    Quote Quote