VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope I am in the right place for this

I have a Panasonic DMR EX83 & a Panasonic SDR-H250 Camcorder.

I have over the past few years copied all my videos etc from the camera to my HD

Now I have the DVD recorder, and I want to put my videos from the pc on to the recorder, as I also have many Hi* tapes I am copying there too, and simply want to merge 10 plus years of my children growing up.

When I copy files on to USB, or SD Card or DVD, as mpeg or AVI It refuses to load-play-copy them.

Yet If I record from the Camcorder on to the SD card with both video and photo, it sees all and copies hunky dory.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I do not want to spend days transcoding all my videos to vob, when all my DVD players will read a dvd with mpegs burnt on to it, no problem (as a by line, why will the panasonic recorder nor read mpeg direct from dvd.

I realise that it is to do with the file and folder structure that is written onto the SD card by the camcorder.

HOW HOW oh HOW can I create this myself. There must be something simply to use.

Why do these companies always have such a thorn in my side when they make new products.

Regards

Tim
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you copy files from your HD to your SD Card, does your camcorder play them?

Is it possible that your camcorder formats the SD card as FAT32, whereas your computer uses NTFS?

Otherwise, you can view the SD card's partition table and boot sector with Microsoft's Sector Inspector.
    http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/SecInspect.zip

Extract the above archive to the one folder and execute the SIrun.bat file. The procedure will generate a report file named SIout.txt.
    Quote Quote