VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    finally fixed the problem i had with new itunes the other day, now i got another question for you guys.

My main computer which my itunes/ipod was synced to has broken, i want to delete a few gig of music off my ipod with my laptop that its not synced to, how do i go about this?
    i have added files to the ipod from here but dont know how to removed files from my ipod using this computer?
    i dont want to sync my ipod as it will removed all the files and fill up my laptops hard drive ( its a 160gig ipod and its full to the brim)
    or worst case scenario i could add just the music files to my laptop and leave the video files alone.
    any help guys?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you can get into the iPod without syncing you can then set management to manual, so you can do what you like without fear of losing everything. I would never have my iPod set to automatically sync. Seen too many people loose everything by letting Apple manage their content.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its set to manual, but even on manual it says if i sync i will lose all files on the ipod? so i have never clicked sync
    doesnt sync only go one way? from computer to ipod?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i dont get how i am meant to get into my ipod files without syncing it to the computer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it is set to manual management then it won't sync when you plug it in, and therefore *should* be OK. iTunes should set it, show you the contents, and let you delete or add files to it. Apple's bullshit DRM may stop you copying files off it to another computer however.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have it plugged in, set to manual, can see how much data is on my ipod, in my ipod section, but going to music, movies, photos etc shows nothing other than an option to sync to computer
    damn it all to hellllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Quote Quote