VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. what is best mkv to mp4 converter

Hi anyone know who is best .mkv to .mp4 video converter with high quality video and audio and low Mb size so if its possible tell me
    now im using xilisoft video converter ultimate but it takes much mb size (for 20 mins video 1.5 GB ) and upload takes much time
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use rebox.net, xenonmkv or https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-mkv-to-mp4-avchd-ts and you don't have to reconvert.

If you want to shrink(reconvert) use handbrake.

Avoid xilisoft crap.
    Quote Quote  
  3. how much mb takes for 20 minutes video HD :P ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1080 or 720 ?
    What sort of quality ?
    How long is a piece of string ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by xurimx View Post
    how much mb takes for 20 minutes video HD :P ?
    As much, or as little as you want. File size = bitrate * running time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xurimx View Post
    what is best mkv to mp4 converter
    Why do you wish to convert? If your playback device is an iPhone then I understand why you are converting. But if your playback device is some kind of DVD or BluRay player maybe a better solution is to buy a media player that can play MKV files without conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Use rebox.net, xenonmkv or https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-mkv-to-mp4-avchd-ts and you don't have to reconvert.

If you want to shrink(reconvert) use handbrake.

Avoid xilisoft crap.
    I avoided xilosoft - I am going to uninstall it. I tried avchd-ts and I couldn't figure it out. Maybe I downloaded the wrong thing. It look like I was going to get an iso file.

I went to rebox.net. That worked well. Just looking at the video quality I can't tell between the MKV and MP4 file. Maybe on a larger screen but it seemed to work pretty well.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Your link is dead.

For commercial software I just got a free license for 'Wonderfox HD Video Converter Factory Pro'.
    It's as good as any and on offer. http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/hd-video-converter/

For free I use http://www.pazera-software.com/products/mp4-converter/
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    transporterfan: It's spam....

Use mkv2mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by xurimx View Post
    what is best mkv to mp4 converter
    Why do you wish to convert? If your playback device is an iPhone then I understand why you are converting. But if your playback device is some kind of DVD or BluRay player maybe a better solution is to buy a media player that can play MKV files without conversion.
    Because some people like me, need it for video editing. Adobe Premiere does not accept MKV files.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Lost815 View Post

Because some people like me, need it for video editing. Adobe Premiere does not accept MKV files.
    As mentioned just above your post, you can use MKV2MP4 which will switch containers with no reencoding at all. jman98's answer was made before MKV2MP4 existed.

Or reencode to lossless AVI. No final video is helped by multiple intermediate conversions using lossy codecs. Maybe you noticed your very first post responded to a post more than four years old where the most recent post was nearly two years ago?
    Quote Quote