VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What telephone system do you use?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I 'm using cable phone and cell phone when out on service calls.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lol I'm so out of touch in terms of technology...I'm 37 and I've never even had a beeper(pager). My nephews and even some of my friends kids think I'm weird cause I don't have a cell. I tell it to em like this, "yeah I don't have a cell, but I also don't have a big bill at the end of the month either. If you wanna reach me, either grow long arms or email me..or for heavens sake...call the lan line"

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have standard telephone/land line service. It is very reliable, and I also use it for DSL. When my power was out for 3 days, at least I still had telephone service with a plain old corded phone I keep for emergencies.

One time when I did loose land line service, and the telephone company said they could not come out to correct the problem for several days, I did try a pre-paid cell phone. I hardly used it at all away from home. I can't see much use in having a cell phone for myself.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Had the same land line # for 23 years then finally gave it up and went full cell. Can't say as I miss it one way or the other.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have standard home phone (physical line). I also have a prepaid cell phone for emergency use.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cell Phone...and I really only use it for business or family communication...no need for the bells and whistles.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    cell.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Cell phone. I have home phone service only because my phone company doesn't offer an "internet only" package. I have to have home phone service just to get internet. I don't even have a phone hooked up in my house.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have a POTS line and a prepaid cell. I hardly use either of them. I primarily keep the POTS line for modem calls to the phone system I service, and the cell phone is mostly just for emergencies.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Voip
    Ooma telo
    Cell for work
    Quote Quote