VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    What do mean by above, are you ref to realtime software encoding?.
    Some cards only allow archiving, not RT playback/access.
    Fortunately this is not the case for the CaptureX, according to their response.

Skydigital CaptureX
    Video = RawAVI
    Audio = Wave (LPCM 2.0), AC3 DD, DTS 5.1
    Yes I have already determined this.

Hauppauge Colossus, SKNet MonsterXX (If it ever get out and it not going be cheap must a round 45,000/50,000 YEN or round $500 US dollars) and SKNet Monster HD 264 are only few 1080 Hardware H.264 Encoder out there.
    Still waiting for these guys to answer the same two questions.

Really pissing me off, so many of the OEM's don't think they have to respond if you email them.
    I will be calling some of them via google voice soon.

Yet to email m-audio about their analogue cards, & yet to email some semi-pro soundcard OEM's.

Name one Broadcaster support DTS audio on the air way there none.
    So how do we get DTS then?, well there only few way to get it DVD Player or Blu-ray Player or Steam that has the embeded DTS audio.
    I explained earlier in the thread what source I will capture DTS from, PS3 Games.

Take time read Dolby vs. DTS Surround Sound
    http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/dolby-vs-dts.html
    Will do, thanks!
    Last edited by jalyst; 19th Apr 2011 at 16:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Really pissing me off, so many of the OEM's don't think they have to respond
    if you email them
    That becuases you need take your English Language to there Japanese Language by translation it becuase must small international company email system don't used or have auto language translation.
    Used Google languages translate, Keep that in mind when dealing with small international company like in Japan.
    Bear in mind that very few international company that have people that know other language and when they do it the OEM that higher a translator for a OEM deals not avg joe calling want info about there product.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ^
    I've always found Gtranslate to be hopeless on webpages.
    But admittedly I've never tried for email...
    Maybe I will try it, thanks for the suggestion!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Google voice works beautifully w00t!
    Got through to Hauppauge in Singapore, & SKNet in Japan successfully.
    Skydigital & others here I come, no longer shall you ignore me!
    Hopefully more updates in 24hrs, once I've got much more feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jalyst
    I think these 3 can all be ruled-out, because as far as I can tell...
    None support reading/capturing any of the incoming DD/DTS formats?
    This leaves the Colossus, CaptureX, MonsterXX, or the Analogue capture cards.
    I've asked Skydigital (CaptureX) questions similar to this:
    <SNIP>
    Based on feedback I've now gathered from all OEM's...
    I'm going to try makes/models in the following order, if the prior make/model turns-out to be unsuitable etc.

(1) Colossus (Hauppauge)
    (2) CaptureX (Skydigital)
    (3) Semi-Pro soundcard (exact make/model YTBD, suggestions welcome!)

(4) Delta ? (M-Audio: one of their cheaper PCI/e multich analog capture cards)
    (5) Pegasus (GrassValley: no HDMI-in DD/DTS but it does support 8ch LPCM, the main reason it stays on the list)
    (6) MX02 family (Matrox: external & no DD/DTS support, but there may be other redeeming qualities, YTBC)

It's not clear if the MonsterXX's audio specs will be suitable.
    SKnet (Japan) explained that they won't release them for at least one more month.

Intensity Pro (Blackmagic) audio specs don't look suitable.
    The Shuttle's better & perhaps more suitable than the Pegasus (uses newer HDMI), but it's external (USB3).
    So for now Blackmagic's products are "off my radar" entirely.

If anyone feels the order should be different, please let me know why!

Thanks again.
    Last edited by jalyst; 22nd Apr 2011 at 02:53.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wow jalyst, you missed out. Brand new Pegasus sold on eBay for just $100 (retailed for $1000).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grass-Valley-Canopus-Pegasus-HD-SD-Card-PCI-Express-Digital-Vi...p2047675.l2557

There is still this one for $450.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271114754372
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Wow jalyst, you missed out. Brand new Pegasus sold on eBay for just $100 (retailed for $1000).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grass-Valley-Canopus-Pegasus-HD-SD-Card-PCI-Express-Digital-Vi...p2047675.l2557

There is still this one for $450.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271114754372
    Thanks for the heads up, I put all this on the "back burner" ages ago, I really want to resume it soon, but life's been too hectic in recent yrs
    This isn't the only thread where I researched/documented all this stuff, I have about a dozen on the same topic (or related) all over the net!
    I remain hopeful that this aspect of my research will finally be concluded by mid-2013, so long as things don't get too hectic again!
    Last edited by jalyst; 5th Dec 2012 at 01:36.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Is there anything out there still can do it. Skydigital product went back, as it definitely was not able to capture DTS. It did OK with AC3
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sebus View Post
    Is there anything out there still can do it. Skydigital product went back, as it definitely was not able to capture DTS. It did OK with AC3
    Sorry but I don't think any thing out there can do DTS capture
    Quote Quote  
  10. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    This is only for display, not capture, but it demonstrates that certain Blackmagic capture cards are capable of receiving DTS & DD bitstreams. You would need to be able to force the player/console/whatever you're capturing from to output compressed audio, though. The EDID of the capture cards only advertise them to connected devices as supporting LPCM.

I've never successfully used one of these cards for this purpose myself, though. And it's an entirely unsupported usage.
    Quote Quote  
  11. DTS/AC3 capture with ASIO drivers in ASIO build of Audacity 2 works a treat.
    I just do not want to do two separate captures (video/audio) and then sync...
    Quote Quote