VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi:

I don't know what the heck I did but one minute I was able to open my Nero ISO files with no problems and now the icon has changed and I can't open any of them at all. Is there someway that I can change the file back to how it was before and be able to open the files once again???

This how the files looked originally.
    Name:  Nero ISO Issues - BEFORE!.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  3.7 KB

This is how they look now.
    Name:  Nero ISO Issues - AFTER!.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  4.0 KB

This is the error message I get
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Nero ISO Issues - Error Message.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	5765

When I try to open any of the files I also get this error message.

Name:  Nero ISO Issues - Error Message 2.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  7.5 KB

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by lapetite_66; 22nd Feb 2011 at 23:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the one working has .nra and the one not working .nri have you tried to change the .nri to .nra?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dylz View Post
    If the one working has .nra and the one not working .nri have you tried to change the .nri to .nra?
    Hello dylz:

I think you misunderstood me.

I used to be able to open the all the files no matter what the extension as long as they were made with Nero. Now, I can't open any files at all without getting both error messages;

1) the one where it ask what software I would like to use to open the file.
    2) Failed to open Document!.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Are you coody's twin ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Are you coody's twin ?

Uh...who's coody?

I could really use some help with dilemma.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  6. I would reinstall the software but that's me you could also look in preferences re associate with all files or set back to default settings.
    Since I don't use nero I can only provide common sense and guidance.

Why don't you use normal ISO's from imgburn ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dylz View Post
    I would reinstall the software but that's me you could also look in preferences re associate with all files or set back to default settings.
    Since I don't use nero I can only provide common sense and guidance.

Why don't you use normal ISO's from imgburn ?
    Dylz:

Where is this preferences re associate you're referring to that would allow me to change the files back to their default settings?

I don't use IMGburn.

Nero is the software I use because it allows me to make compilations of data, music etc. It also allows me to do multi-sessions so that I can go back and edit the compilation by adding, deleting or simply updating.

I appreciate your response but I think that what I really need is someone who is more familiar with Nero.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    R click on the file. Select 'Properties' at the bottom of the list. Change association to Nero. If Nero doesn't automatically open it, change the extension to .nra

With XP, you can also do this in 'Control Panel'.

You may need to have administrative rights to carry out the steps below.
    • Click start, then Control Panel.
    • Double click ‘Folder Options’ (on classic view control panel) to open the Folder Options window.
    • You will now see three tabs at the top, the default selected being general. Click the ‘File Types’ tab.
    • You may now need to wait for a while all your file types’ load into the selection box; this will depend on how many different programs you have installed on your machine. When it loads scroll down the list and look for the file type which you wish to change. In my case the .wav file format.
    • Highlight the file association you wish the edit and then click change below.
    • Select the program you wish to open the file from the list. If the program you require is not in the list then click ‘browse’ and select it from your ‘program files’ folder.
    • Once you have selected the program click ‘OK’ and then ‘Close’ on the dialog below.
    • You can now also close the control panel if you haven’t done so already.
    You can repeat this process as much as you wish but make sure you are associating the file types with a program which supports the opening of it.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/e-learning-articles/changing-file-associations-xp-247352.h...#ixzz1EnxIXRad
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A paste from google, may help .....
    NRI File Format

Nero ISO CD compilation file

NRI is a compilation file format used by Nero. NRI files contain information regarding file selected to be burned onto CD-ROM by Nero, including lists of references to file and their locations on the hard disk. NRI files are used by Nero during the burning process. NRI files do not actually contain the files which are set to be burned onto the CD-ROM.
    Quote Quote