I don't know what the heck I did but one minute I was able to open my Nero ISO files with no problems and now the icon has changed and I can't open any of them at all. Is there someway that I can change the file back to how it was before and be able to open the files once again???
This how the files looked originally.
This is how they look now.
This is the error message I get
When I try to open any of the files I also get this error message.
Any help would be appreciated.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Last edited by lapetite_66; 22nd Feb 2011 at 22:11.
If the one working has .nra and the one not working .nri have you tried to change the .nri to .nra?
I think you misunderstood me.
I used to be able to open the all the files no matter what the extension as long as they were made with Nero. Now, I can't open any files at all without getting both error messages;
1) the one where it ask what software I would like to use to open the file.
2) Failed to open Document!.
Are you coody's twin ?
Where is this preferences re associate you're referring to that would allow me to change the files back to their default settings?
I don't use IMGburn.
Nero is the software I use because it allows me to make compilations of data, music etc. It also allows me to do multi-sessions so that I can go back and edit the compilation by adding, deleting or simply updating.
I appreciate your response but I think that what I really need is someone who is more familiar with Nero.
R click on the file. Select 'Properties' at the bottom of the list. Change association to Nero. If Nero doesn't automatically open it, change the extension to .nra
With XP, you can also do this in 'Control Panel'.
You may need to have administrative rights to carry out the steps below.
• Click start, then Control Panel.
• Double click ‘Folder Options’ (on classic view control panel) to open the Folder Options window.
• You will now see three tabs at the top, the default selected being general. Click the ‘File Types’ tab.
• You may now need to wait for a while all your file types’ load into the selection box; this will depend on how many different programs you have installed on your machine. When it loads scroll down the list and look for the file type which you wish to change. In my case the .wav file format.
• Highlight the file association you wish the edit and then click change below.
• Select the program you wish to open the file from the list. If the program you require is not in the list then click ‘browse’ and select it from your ‘program files’ folder.
• Once you have selected the program click ‘OK’ and then ‘Close’ on the dialog below.
• You can now also close the control panel if you haven’t done so already.
You can repeat this process as much as you wish but make sure you are associating the file types with a program which supports the opening of it.
Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/e-learning-articles/changing-file-associations-xp-247352.h...#ixzz1EnxIXRad
A paste from google, may help .....
NRI File Format
Nero ISO CD compilation file
NRI is a compilation file format used by Nero. NRI files contain information regarding file selected to be burned onto CD-ROM by Nero, including lists of references to file and their locations on the hard disk. NRI files are used by Nero during the burning process. NRI files do not actually contain the files which are set to be burned onto the CD-ROM.