VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know, it seems like cd burners like my old Plextor Premium are long gone. Long story short, I bought a new Dell XPS 8100 and it came with 2 dvd burners. Both are TSST TS-H 653H(I think these are Toshiba-Samsung). I've never heard of them and for dvd's they are fine, but I still do a lot of audio cd stuff and I need something that is capable of writing cd-text so it will show up on my display.

If anyone has heard of these drives I'd also appreciate any advice. I might just replace both with 2 good drives.

I still use a program called Feurio. Both of these drives are Sata drives.

Could someone recommend an SATA drive that supports cd text. I'm a bit out of touch. I used to really know which was the one to get, but not sure anymore.

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Last edited by jagabo; 22nd Feb 2011 at 19:00.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    But I need cd text support.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I need something that is capable of writing cd-text so it will show up on my display.
    All of my LG drives (4040B, 4167B and my H58N) are capable of doing CDText. They used to be one of the ONLY manufacturers that listed this capability in their specs. All 3 of these drives still function perfectly...even the old 4x 4040B....so I'd look for an LG drive personally if CDText is your main concern. I use Prassi Ones for CDText.....I hear ImgBurn (free) can also do CDText but it's not the easiest in the world.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The HP drive(hp BD B DH8E2L 8HD9) that came with my computer can do CDtext look into imgburn >discovery>tools>drive>capabilities.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Typical DELL!

They disable some features to spare money....

Have you checked with dvdinfopro IF the drive does support CD-TEXT?
    And does dell offer firmwares??
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by [_chef_] View Post
    Typical DELL!

They disable some features to spare money....

Have you checked with dvdinfopro IF the drive does support CD-TEXT?
    And does dell offer firmwares??
    It has nothing to do with the computer.....CDText is 100% a drive issue.
    Quote Quote