VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    ..because Eac3to (+Surcode) encodes to 768 but the result file is 755 according to mediainfo.
    Of course it is not that important but still confusing. So what's the difference between the two numbers? thank you.
    ps. Some people call it 755, others 768, so which is correct?
    Last edited by mkvonly; 22nd Feb 2011 at 08:12. Reason: instead of converts -> encodes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, so...obviously it seems I'm not the only newbie here, or is it rather superficiality? I've seen dozens of unanswered threads on this site.
    It's a shame.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    768 kbps is correct. No idea how mediainfo reads the bitrate. It could be something as simple as mixing 1024 and 1000 during calculations.

If it is that important to you, you could go the Mediainfo support page and ask the question or post in the support forum.

As for the 'dozens of unanswered questions' - what about the thousands of answered questions ? Perhaps people just thought your was something you could work out for yourself, with a little googling. Or it just got lost in the shuffle. Don't take it personally.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Blame DTS, Inc. themselves for the confusion.
    754-point-something kbps is the actual value.
    The same applies to "1509 kbps".
    If you have the chance to use the DTS-HD Master Audio Suite,
    you will also get in touch with the diference between the following "official" bitrates
    — 256, 320, 448, 512, 640 , 1411.2 kbps — and the *actually-used* bitrates
    — 255, 318, 447, 510, 639, 1234.8 kbps —
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 8th Mar 2011 at 22:38. Reason: better wording
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's a rounding error between friends
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mkvonly View Post
    Ok, so...obviously it seems I'm not the only newbie here, or is it rather superficiality? I've seen dozens of unanswered threads on this site.
    It's a shame.
    Please note that NOBODY gets paid to answer your questions.

The main page shows the last 40 threads. Only the most recently posted one does not yet have a reply as I write this. That will probably change by the time I submit this.

Sometimes people post on weekends and a lot of our experienced members do not read posts then. Sometimes people will post at a time that is maybe morning where they live but in the middle of the night elsewhere and the post gets missed. In general if a post comes in and the poster really needs help with a problem, it will get answered. Your question is not a problem. You just want an answer to what is essentially a trivia question. You do not have video work that is completely stopped because you do not know the answer to this. I'm sorry that this got skipped, but if you had a real problem and asked for help the odds are very high that you would have received help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @guns1inger
    Thanks you very much, so it is 768 kbps, that's all I wanted to know.
    "what about the thousands of answered questions"- Re: I agree, that's why I came here with my problem and I thank you all for your efforts, I have learned a lot from you guys This site is a treasure indeed!

@jman98 "...NOBODY gets paid..."
    That I know, I also do lots of favors without being paid. That's not a good reason not to answer, often one thinks something is so obvious but not for everybody, that's why my post got ignored by many (I think). 16 days were between my first two posts so you can's say I was rushing anybody. I used Google before I came here but no success. You go ahead and search on google and will see that this threat will be the only result found.

I'm not cross with anybody, I appreciate your time and effort, thank you very much indeed. Cheers.
    hops, sorry, the word "cross"=British adjective; angry and annoyed (Don't be cross with me...)
    (because most non-British wouldn't know).

Edit (after so many years lol): 1509.75 kbps & 754.5 kbps seem to be correct.
    read "8. What is the difference between DTS bitrates 1536, 1510 and 1509?"
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=68300
    Last edited by mkvonly; 28th Aug 2014 at 03:30. Reason: added some news
    Quote Quote