VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    2. Manono, is it possible to open up the Avisynth script text screen with HCEncoder? I prefer to see how my work is going with VirtualdubMod since it's a full screen AND shows 'before/after'.
    Both screens will show the same when being fed with an AviSynth script. Unless you also use some VDub filters.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, so how do I open up the Avisynth text screen with HC?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    My problem is manifesting itself more and more....AVSPmod is also not recognizing Mpeg2Source. It is only opening files as DirectShowSource. I thought I deleted DirectShowSource, yet it is still in the sent to folder, which Windows doesn't allow you to tamper with.

How can I completely eliminate DirectSHowSource AND make it so that Mpeg2Source is recognized by VirtualdubMod and AVsPod??

Thanks guys.
    Quote Quote  
  4. an .avs file is just a text file

you can open it up a .txt file in notepad for example and just type in whatever you want

Avspmod has registered filetypes in the options=>extension templates. You can configure it to open however you want.

It will open .avi files as AVISource() by default. It will open different files according to extension. If you right click and open the .d2v file with avspmod it will automatically fill in MPEG2Source() . Other filetypes might be set as DirectShowSource() . Or just type it in - it's not that difficult to type in 1 line

Vdubmod should open any valid .avs file. BUT - you have to create that valid avs file first

Post your exact script that vdubmod isn't opening. Did you follow the earlier instructions with the .dll ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Poison

The trouble is that whether I type the script myself or right click it with AvPmod, save the script and try to open it with either Avs or Virtual, none of these programs are recognizing MPEG2Source at all. They're only recognizing DirectShowSource and I don't want to work from DirectShowSource. When I try to open Mpeg2Source scripts with AvPmod, I get a message stating "Script error: There is no function named "MPEG2Source".

When I try to open Mpeg2Source scripts with VirtualdubMod, it states that it does not recognize it.

Here's a sample of the automatic script that appears on AvsPmod when I right-click on my vob file:

MPEG2Source("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\gbdgindex\kill erwatt\killerwatt.d2v", cpu=0)

Here's a sample of what I create myself in the text doc to open my vob file with virtualdub or AvsPmod

MPEG2Source("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\movies\killerw att.avs")

How do I change it so that both programs recognize Mpeg2Source?
    Quote Quote  
  6. pdr already requested that you post the exact script you're trying to open in VDub. If it's only that one line, go back to the sample script I gave you a couple of days ago and adapt it for this video. And go back and reread the three docs included in the DGMPGDec package.

Here's a sample of what I create myself in the text doc to open my vob file with virtualdub or AvsPmod

MPEG2Source("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\movies\killerw att.avs")
    Nothing will open that as you're trying to use MPEG2Source on an AVS rather than on a D2V project file created by DGIndex.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, bottom line. How do I open a VOB file using MPEG2Source with VirtualdubMod or AvsPmod?

That's all I need to know. Are there settings I need to tweak on either of the two programs for them to recognize the file?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    Ok, bottom line. How do I open a VOB file using MPEG2Source with VirtualdubMod
    I told you already 2 days ago. We're going backwards. Make your D2V project file using DGIndex and:

LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\DGDecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Path\To\Video.d2v")

Adjust for your own names and paths. Stick those two lines inside an AVS. An AVS might be a TXT file renamed with the extension .avs, like Movie.avs. Open it in VDub. If there's an error message you can't figure out, give it to us as well as your complete script.
    Last edited by manono; 27th Feb 2011 at 23:55.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Double post for some reason.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Put a copy of DgDecode.dll in AviSynth's Plugins folder and you don't have to explicitly load it in your script.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    How can I completely eliminate DirectSHowSource
    You can't delete DirectShowSource(), it's built into AviSynth. You can delete the SendTo batch file I gave you simply by going to the SendTo folder and deleting it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, so as per Donald Graft's instructions on DGDEcode AND yours manono, I created an avs file listed as follows:

Loadplugin("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\camillesfaves\h alloween\DGDecode.dll")
    Mpeg2Source("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\camillesfaves. d2v")

and this is what I get when I try to open it with VirtualdubMod:

Avisynth open failure:
    LoadPlugin: unable to load
    “C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\camillesfaves\halloween\DG Decode.dll”
    (C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\camillesfaves\halloween\ha lloween.avs.avs,line1)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Can't say I haven't been doing my homework guys; however this is really becoming a pain in the ass and frankly, if it weren't for the fact that I'm really into the videos I'm working on....I'd have given this up already.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Put the DGDecode.dll somewhere other than the Desktop, like maybe in your AviSynth Plugins folder. And is there really a space in 'camillesfaves. d2v'?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Did just that. No there is no space. Here's the lovely surprise I get from VirtualdubMod:

Avisynth open failure:
    LoadPlugin: unable to load

Quote Quote  
  16. Once again, if you put dgdecode.dll in AviSynth's plugins folder you don't need the LoadPlugin() line anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Did that. Nothing. Why is Avisynth not making Virtualdub recognize MPEG DESPITE EVERYTHING I'M DOING?????
    Quote Quote  
  18. This is a very weird error. Are you sure there are no typos or spaces as you have indicated above? For example "halloween" has a space, but maybe that's the message board screwing things up

Loadplugin("C:\Users\mikey\Desktop\camillesfaves\h alloween\DGDecode.dll")

Maybe something got corrupted along the way?

Try redownloading and uninstall then reinstalling avisynth , and redownloading DGMPGDec package. Place fresh copy of DGDecode.dll into avisynth/plugins folder
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Question: If I download Haali and FFVShow, are those equivalent to DGIndex (Haali) and DGDecode (FFVShow)?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    Question: If I download Haali and FFVShow, are those equivalent to DGIndex (Haali) and DGDecode (FFVShow)?

No they are not ;

haali is a directshow splitter , DGIndex is an indexing tool, DGDecode.dll is based on libavcodec for decoding (like ffdshow), but doesn't use directshow
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way I can put the MPEG2Source in my sent to folder then to make this happen?
    Quote Quote  
  22. TO make what happen? I would start over , from scratch

I looked at some of your posts and it mentioned you were deleting directshowsource or something like that? Are you randomly deleting .dll's and things from the plugins folder ? That could cause what you are seeing if you deleted some things you weren't supposed to.

I would seriously start all over. Re-install avisynth. Re-index the file. Make a new script . This should only take a few minutes
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    Did that. Nothing. Why is Avisynth not making Virtualdub recognize MPEG DESPITE EVERYTHING I'M DOING?????
    I mentioned this before but I don't recall any response: are you running 64 bit windows?

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/332117-completely-new-to-avisynth-please-help?p=205...=1#post2059375

You have to keep your 32 bit programs, DLLs, and codecs separate from your 64 bit programs, DLLs, and codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You know what's funny jagabo, I was just remembering you mentioned that. I have Windows Vista. How can I tell what bit windows I'm running?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Start -> Right click on "Computer" and select Properties.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I re-downloaded dgmpgdec packet. What am I doing with these zip files exactly? I open them and I see a bunch of sub folders. I have both zip files stored in a folder in my desktop
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Running a 32 bit system. Does this change anything?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I just re-downloaded Avisynth and although the icon is on my desktop, the folder that contains plugins is no longer there . When I go to start, and I type it I see it but it's no longer available.

I get a message stating that the shortcut no longer works properly or has been moved. I thought I could completely eliminate Avisynth from my computer from "programs and features" like I would any other software. At least I thought that's what I did.

This is getting really stressful. It's as if it's a game. This works, but that doesn't. Then when that works, then this doesn't.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have attached a file pathcopy. rar
    extract the pathcopy.msi inside, and double click on it.
    in windows explorer, right click on any file-it will give an option copy path to clipboard
    extremely useful with avisynth, in avoiding errors with file names.

i always create my avs files either with virtualdubmod or dgindex, using a template, and edit them with virtualdubmod, unless i need to tweak some filter accurately, when i use avsp.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote