VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I am searching for a Full HD camcorder with MIC Input.

The recording would be of a teacher, and we need some sort of Lapel mic to pin it to the teachers shirt for recording his Voice only. We do not want to record noise from the background as there will be other people in the same room. I would want to place the recorded lectures on Youtube and the plan is to have them in HD quality.

I search on BHPhoto site and asked their rep for help

My budget is below $600

they suggested :
    Canon VIXIA HF21 Dual
    Canon VIXIA HF21 Dual Flash Memory Camcorder 4060B001 B&H Photo

Azden WLX-PRO
    Azden WLX Pro Wireless Lavalier Mic System WLX-PRO B&H Photo

The camcoder will be sitting on a tripod close to the teacher.

I would like to know if there is any better choices for my needs ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    also check www.camcorderinfo.com
    although youtube claims they are HD, it's nowhere close - it's their version of HD
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    also check www.camcorderinfo.com
    although youtube claims they are HD, it's nowhere close - it's their version of HD
    That wont be an issue. I can use Vimeo or Blip. But my main req. is HD quality and good sound.

Which Lavalier mic system would be good with Canon HF 21?

I checked the site you listed yesterday, but they dont even list Canon HF 21,rather they list Canon HF 20 an older model.

whereas the rest the best ones are very expensive in that site, above $1000.

my budget for the cam is below $600
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just checked the comparison between Canon HF 20 vs HF 21

HD camcorder reviews/tests and comparison of Canon HF21 (Legria HF21/ VIXIA HF21) and Canon HF20 (Legria HF20/ VIXIA HF20) Best values highligh

the only main difference is the Onboard memory

So would it be wise to go with Canon HF20 due to the lower price ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I might just be the expert you're looking for. I have been searching for ALL HD options with a mic input and at $200, $300, $400.

Here we go: There are 3 point and shoots with high definition that have mic inputs: Creative Vado 3rd generation, Kodak zi8, Kodak zi10. These don't have fancy stabilization, etc but they all have decent high definition and your best bet is to go to Radio Shack and get a $22 lapel mic, which almost everyone says does the trick nicely.

Now, if you want to go up a step, Canon's make it almost a habit of having a good mic input with manual audio level control and even a headset input. You can find the high definition vixia rf100 something like that through the r20 and r21 and they fall between $175 up to about $375 depending on whether it's a refurbished or not. The 3 point and shoots will probably do the trick but for nicer effects, check eBay for the intro HD level canons (be sure it says mic and headset input) and you'll get a bunch of other features like optical zoom/stabilization, etc. and a lot more camera for the money.

Stay away from the Aiptek Action HD as it has a bunch of partially functioning features all for $159 but when you plug in your mic you'll probably find it's not built well enough to handle the needs of the mic itself (had to return myself).

I've been searching for over a year for all different combinations and I think that's about it in the entire world. Checked 200 camcorders...

You'll sneak by with the point and shoots but if you can get a Canon refurbished Canon for about $200 to $300 you'll be much more happier in the end. And with the money you save you can even get an audiotechnica shot gun microphone or a wireless 2 lapel set up for about $150 or less. Then you'll be set for almost any scene and be real happy! By the way Audio Technica is at Amazon and they too make about a $25 lapel mic that has fine sound quality too...

Hope this helps,

Gigi
    Last edited by BodyByGiGi; 19th May 2012 at 21:01.
    In the process of re-inventing myself. Not much time left...gotta keep moving!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I would like to suggest you few cam

Panasonic HC-VX981K Ultra HD Camcorder with Wi-Fi Twin Camera and 4K Photo Features (Black)

Ultra-sharp 4K Ultra HD recording, plus in-camera editing for 1080p displays
    LEICA Decoma Lens optical 20x zoom, 5-axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization
    4K in-camera post cropping, panning, zooming and subject tracking stabilization features eliminate the need for complex editing software
    Wi-Fi connected mobile device Twin Camera feature adds multi-camera scene picture in picture recording
    4K PHOTO captures high-quality photos from 4K video frames
    Quote Quote  
  7. rohinikomarappagari ......did you bother to look at the date of the original post in this thread? It was five years ago!
    However your suggestion might help a more recent poster here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378000-need-suggestions-for-new-4k-camera-with-mic-...ideo-recording
    Quote Quote