VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all-

What's a good way to capture online video and have the final product be of good quality? I'm currently using Camtasia to record online tv shows for my wife but as file sizes increase, Camtasia's ability to manage them seriously degrades. I've used the TSCC codec which results in ungodly file sizes and also the Divx codecwhich winds up as a triple compression after exporting. Any thoughts on this would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried streamtransport yet?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    newtie-in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. First, start with a site that sends good quality. Then download the file rather than screen capture. Adobe and Microsoft go to great lengths to make that difficult. Some good tools are Stream Transport and RTMPDump.
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK-I'll try them today and hopefully I'll get a better result.

Also, these will be put on my server so I'm going to need an app to convert what I think will be an .flv file into divx or mp4

Thank you,
    Mark
    Quote Quote