VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Here is my situation. I am trying to minimize the amount of work that needs to be done in post processing. I stream video using Flash Media Encoder and end up with f4v file. I am able to play the f4v in VLC and I am happy with its quality and I would like to upload that f4v to the web. Here are my problems:
    1. How can I edit the f4v file, I just want to trim the beginning and ending. No programs seems to want to accept f4v for editing. I want to edit and save it that way. I don't want to transcode it to some other format as this takes time.
    2. If I do post the f4v on my website, if someone clicks on the link to watch the file, the file won't play, I do know that I need to embed a flash player on my site and the f4v will play in it. If I have a lot of videos I don't want to embed separate player for each video, Can I have 1 player and when someone clicks on a video it will just load it in that 1 player? Is that possible?
    3. I can take that f4v file and simply change the extension to .mp4. I can then play that file in Quicktime with no problem and I can upload that to my site and the file plays just fine on my new Mac but when I try to play it on my older mac it won't play, the same thing for my older PC. New machines seem to play the file just fine. Why is that so? I would be happy with mp4 but I need to make sure it plays for everyone.
    Can anyone help with any of this. I would be most grateful

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. There aren't that many good flash editors. You could try avidemux, choose copy for audio and video, save as a mp4. The video wont be reconverted and it still works in flash.
    2. What flash player are you using? Try google for embed flash player playlist.
    3. You can try remux it to a REAL mp4, also with avidemux or mp4box. And see if it works in your old mac.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    1. There aren't that many good flash editors. You could try avidemux, choose copy for audio and video, save as a mp4. The video wont be reconverted and it still works in flash.
    2. What flash player are you using? Try google for embed flash player playlist.
    3. You can try remux it to a REAL mp4, also with avidemux or mp4box. And see if it works in your old mac.
    Thank you. I just tried avidemux and I don't get any audio after I remux and the file still doesn't play on my PC
    I am not using any flash player yet. Any recommendations?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    flowplayer or jw player.
    Quote Quote