VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay guys, let me explain what I want to do, because I really need some help here. Basically, I have a couple of videos that were shot in a 480x720 2:3 aspect ratio, (not a 720x480 aspect ratio, a 480x720 aspect ratio,) which are naturally taller then they are wider. Naturally, these videos look "warped" whether they're played back on a 4:3 TV set or a 16:9 TV set; in other words, it looks like the camera operator just turned the camera sideways during filming and rotated the image the first time the video went through post production. What I want to do is take the 480x720 image, and have it act as a 1280x720 animorphic image during playback. I know that the 320x480 aspect ratio is also 2:3 and is animorphic, so I was wondering if there was a way to make a 480x720 video behave as an animorphic image as well. As always, any and all help is appreciated; thank you in advance for your time.
    Specs: Mac Mini (Early 2006): 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo CPU, 320GB HDD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics card, Matshita UJ-846 Superdrive, Mac OS X 10.5.7 and various peripherals. System runs Final Cut Express 3.5 for editing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Set the display aspect ratio to 16:9. In a mp4 can you change the PAR value with mp4box see https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/301849-Change-Aspect-Ratio-of-mp4-without-re-encodi...=1#post1847602. But your player must then also support the DAR/PAR flag in the video file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick; I'll definitely give this a shot.
    Specs: Mac Mini (Early 2006): 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo CPU, 320GB HDD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics card, Matshita UJ-846 Superdrive, Mac OS X 10.5.7 and various peripherals. System runs Final Cut Express 3.5 for editing.
    Quote Quote