VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a swing video file recorded at the local driving range "record your swing" video kiosk. The one file contains 2 separate video recordings - a back view and side view of the same golf swing, recorded simultaneously. The file is wmv2 format. When I play it in Windows Media player, two separate viewing windows open, showing both side and back view recordings simultaneously. But when I view it in Avidemux, only the back view recording is viewable. The side view recording is no where to be found.

I would like to split these two view perspectives into two separate files to upload to YouTube so I can share it with friends, but so far, I haven't been able to find any video editing software that can read and edit this particular type of video. I'm sure there must be a relatively simple software solution to accomplish this.

My file is attached. Run it with WMP and you'll see the two recordings. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to critique the golf swing. It is a work in progress

Thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wow! i had no idea you could create a dual video like this!
    it seems to me your hips are shifting forward too much when you swing....!
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I used AsfBin, and the result is here:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by TooLFooL View Post
    wow! i had no idea you could create a dual video like this!
    it seems to me your hips are shifting forward too much when you swing....!
    www.swingpractis.com if you're interested. Much more handy than bringing a camcorder and tripod to the course. And yes, you're right on target with my own self assessment. Instead of turning my hips, I'm lunging to the left with my hips, resulting in an open club face at impact. It's the one move that's keeping me from being better than a bogey golfer.

Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    I used AsfBin, and the result is here:
    Beautiful. I'm downloading AsfBin as I type this. I will give it twirl. Thanks! It is greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This kind of footage doesn't surprise me - it's similar to Dual-muxed WMVs for Stereo3D video. Stereoscopic Player can play those in sync in however layout works best for you. But I digress.

You can demux these easily by using the free utility "Windows Media Stream Editor" that comes with the Windows Media Encoder installation.
    Pick your stream(s) and output them to a new separate file. Do this twice to get 2 single stream files.

If you needed to go the other way, you would use Peter Wimmer's WMVMux app. It's a CLI app, so you'll have to read and understand the switches/nomenclature to get it to work right.

The beauty of dual-muxed video is that it (nearly ALWAYS) stays in sync and you can encode both at full rez (if your box can handle the bandwidth), whereas composing them side-by-side or over-under often runs up against a resolution limit. The main downside to dual-mux is that you need a player that is dualmux-aware, otherwise the player will dump the 2nd stream into a lone "ActiveMove/Directshow" window that can be placed anywhere on the screen (plus you don't have synced window resizing). That's why I suggested Stereoscopic Player.

Scott
    Quote Quote