VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. I have a Samsung SCD103 camcorder that broke a few years ago, such that we can still play back but not record. My question is this: I want to know how I can load the videos from several miniDV tapes onto my computer using the camcorder. It has a IEEE 1394 jack on the camcorder. My PC does not have the IEEE 1394 card as suggested in the manual. DO I need to buy the card or can I use a cable with the jack? What kind of cable should I look for and how can I know it will fit my camcorder and work with my Windows XP 2002 computer?

    Quote Quote  
  2. aBigMeanie aedipuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    666th portal
    Search Comp PM
    firewire 400 card and cable. not much to check other than the number of pins match. cams normally have 4 pins. cards normally have a 6 pin port. so a 4 pin to 6 pin cable in normally used. xp has drivers for firewire. sp3 recommended.
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks! I will try that! The camcorder port does have 4 pins.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads