Is there any way that I can change the Nvidia con in the system tray to something that I can see? I've searched the folders but can't find an icon anywhere. There has to be one since it shows up in the system tray but I can't find it.
Here is a screenshot of the system tray and the icon that I would like to use. I have it blown up to make it easier to see.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Yes its possible but its not simple
1) Backup c:\windows\system32\nvmctray.dll file
2) Open c:\windows\system32\nvmctray.dll file in Axialis IconWorkshop Full Mode
3) Select and change icon 16x16-256
4) Save modified nvmctray.dll to desktop
5) Restart and boot to safe mode, copy and replace nvmctray.dll in c:\windows\system32\ folder
+1 for resource hackerDonadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
I found a program called PS Tray Factory. There is a free version and a 30 day free trial for the $24.95 version.
Here is the new Nvidia icon...
What all does resource hacker do?
Resource Hacker (also known as ResHacker or ResHack) is a free resource extraction utility developed by Angus Johnson for Windows. It is used to modify program or operating system elements such as icons by extracting resources from executable program (.exe), program extension (.dll), and resource (.res) files.Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")