VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    where would you guys post to get the word out about defective barnes and noble nooks. i have one that b&n admits has a manufacturer's defect that they know of and acknowledge if you pester them long and hard enough. it's all of 2 months old and they want to charge me for a new one, send me a refurbished one, and then credit me when i return the defective one. sounds like a crappy deal to me.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wow - after 1 hour 7 minutes on hold with customer support to talk to a "supervisor", i was told i was being "transferred". the c.s. rep must have "accidentally" pushed the hang-up button instead. what a bunch of losers they are at barnes & noble "support".
    --
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a good place:
    http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209

I've got a few ereaders (no Nooks, though), so I check in there from time to time to keep up with things. Very active forum with a lot of helpful people. Maybe somebody will come through with a tip on how to best deal with B&N. And if not, at least you're getting the word out.

Good luck with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My wife's nook was one of those defective one's. Had to go through hoop dance to get a refurbished one. That one works just great and no more problems. B&N's help seemed to be reasonable. Yea, had to go thru the "charge me for a new one, send me a refurbished one, and then credit me when i return the defective one." but all worked out well. If you don't like there warranty policy, then don't buy the product. Make sure you do your home work before you buy something you don't like.
    If it feels good, do it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought my wife a Kindle for Christmas. She has a few games that she plays. After a couple of months, some of the numbers on the keypad wore off. Initially, Amazon denied that there was a problem. On their website several people reported the same problem. I explained this to Best Buy where her kindle was purchased. They replaced it. I then called the toll free number for the Kindle. The representative said that they were having this problem on some of the Kindles. If this problem happens again, they will replace the Kindle free of charge.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Maybe you could exchange it for a cranny?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    Maybe you could exchange it for a cranny?
    a cranny might be nicer than a nook. at least the potential for a decent customer service department exists. not a single thing the multiple c.s. reps "promised to do" has happened. soured is not even close to what i feel about the nook.

being hung up on after over an hour on hold is just unbelievably bad form.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    google this ........... barnes and noble nook complaints
    Quote Quote