VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 card. I have satellite with a dvr box. On the box of it it has a off air plug not being used. I'm wondering if i can use the off air plug to capture videos off my dvr box. I don't want to unplug either cable to capture using the capture card.

I'm using windows 7 32bit home premium.
    Last edited by Wizard23; 11th Feb 2011 at 22:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use a cable splitter off of my DirecTV box straight into my Hauppauge PVR running Windows 7n 32bit. Works great.
    If it feels good, do it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think i can do that because my one cable going into sat. dish 2 is on a muiti switch and sat 1 cable is from my wall. Last time i tried to splitter with my direct tv box it didn't work at all. I don't want to unplug either one to use the capture card cause my box is set to use both lines. If i disconnect 1 cable my season passes won't tape at the same time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think your "off air plug" is an antenna input into the satellite box (to allow it to tune local TV channels), not an output.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I fixed the problem i ran a 3rd cable line into my room for the card now i don't gotta disconnect my dvr cables
    Quote Quote