VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK,
    I am in the process of upgrading my computer and have bought all the parts I need.
    The issue is, that I purchased a power supply that is supposedly all processor compatible, however, after close inspection I notice a small sticker that reads "Intel only".
    The situation now is that the first thing I bought was this power supply and that was too long ago to return the item a it was also an online purchase. What I need to know is why they would put that sticker on there (maybe it was a distribution thing however unlikely) and what kind of risk would be involved if I were to use it on my new AMD AM3 125W Phenom x4 BE.

I am expecting a "you are stuffed" response here but fingers crossed

EDIT: PSU is a SHAW ATX 2.0 Tri-fan PSU 860W, "V8" Model

The unit badge reads Intel & AMD recommended
    Last edited by Arch3type; 7th Feb 2011 at 10:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A power supply is a power supply, wattage is wattage. As long as it has the correct connectors, it will work. Never, ever heard of an "Intel-only" power supply, I swap different PS units across different machines all the time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Arch3type, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a bunch, I will try it.

redwudz: noted
    Quote Quote