VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Background: Installed avi.Net. Ripped the DVD with 1 Click DVD Copy into a folder on my hard drive. Opened avi.Net and directed to _1.vob file. avi.Net indexes and starts the movie. When the movie ends, I wait but there is no .avi file produced. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You try autogk.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, because I had heard that it is no longer supported.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But it still make good avi divx/xvids....

Or use staxrip or xvid4psp.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I will give it a try.

However, I still would like to know what happened with avi.Net, if anyone has any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Johnathan K View Post
    I will give it a try.

However, I still would like to know what happened with avi.Net, if anyone has any suggestions?
    I'd like to know why all of a sudden there is a resurgence in interest in avi.net myself. Nobody bothered with or mentioned that program for eons and now two posts about it in as many days.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Baldrick, I just wanted to say "Thank You!". AutoGK is working. I still have not heard anything or anyone respond to avi.net. I am still trying to work out my issues with AutoGK. Like how to get my file size down to 1.5 GB or less for DVD movie. Any tips or a website I can learn more from?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can set it to a custom size, step 3 http://www.autogk.me.uk/modules.php?name=TutorialEN
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Background: Installed avi.Net. Ripped the DVD with 1 Click DVD Copy into a folder on my hard drive. Opened avi.Net and directed to _1.vob file. avi.Net indexes and starts the movie. When the movie ends, I wait but there is no .avi file produced. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
    I use avi.Net all the time now that AutoGk has decided not to run on my Windows 7 32 bit box - It was working and have tried all the usual solutions to no avail. However returning to avi.net - works well have a look for a log file and post that or maybe a screen shot of the window when it's encoding. BTW when it's encoding it doesn't play the film in any preview style mode as it does when you load the movie. It stops immediately you start the process.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  10. I will take a look netmask56. I remember that it went through the indexing and then it played the movie. After the movie stopped playing, the screen remains blank and nothing else happens.

I will look for a log file to see if it tells me anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I will take a look netmask56. I remember that it went through the indexing and then it played the movie. After the movie stopped playing, the screen remains blank and nothing else happens.

I will look for a log file to see if it tells me anything.
    I may be wrong but from my reading of your post you are not adding the file and then clicking on START.
    The process is as follows
    Load the Movie
    It indexes and then switches to the av.Options tab where you can then make adjustments to various parameters in meanwhile it starts to PLAY the file (ie that's all it's doing simply playing)

Then you click back to the Input File tab and
    click on ADD
    The START button then becomes available and once you click on START the movie stops playing and encoding commences.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote