VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am learning the capabilities of AVIDEMUX but there is one basic thing I have not figured out yet. When I use the "jog/shuttle" wheel to fast forward or rewind a file, it only shows the I-frames, resulting in very discontinuous playback in files where the I-frames are separated by 10-seconds or more! The same thing happens when I use the slider on the "navigation bar." Is there a way to fast-forward or rewind through every frame (or most frames) of a video file rather than only the keyframes?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use virtualdub instead ? FF/FRW via I frames is common because less effort is required top show an I-frame than any intermediate frame (all the image exists in an I-frame). If AVI Demux only does I frame only than there is nothing you can do about other than re-encode your video to uncompressed or lossless.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for letting me know that AVIDEMUX cannot show intermediate frames while fast forwarding....I thought I might have failed to find the correct setting/command. I still like the program better than virtualdub. I can fast-forward a video file (with sparse keyframes) in a separate program while simultaneously editing the file in AVIDEMUX.
    Quote Quote