VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hello,

I uploaded a video on Youtube which can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzYvG-KKuM8

Once uploaded, the video plays roughly 1.25x faster. The audio continues to play at the same rate as in the original video and hence there is a mismatch. It's a 8 + minute video, but once uploaded to Youtube it only shows as 5 + minutes.

Thanks..

Here are the technical details of my video file.

General
    CompleteName : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\MOV02114_chunk_21.M PG
    Format : MPEG-PS
    FileSize/String : 139 MiB
    Duration/String : 8mn 27s
    OverallBitRate/String : 2 303 Kbps

Video
    ID/String : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format_Version : Version 1
    Format_Settings_BVOP/String : No
    Format_Settings_Matrix/String : Default
    Duration/String : 8mn 8s
    BitRate_Mode/String : Variable
    BitRate/String : 2 193 Kbps
    Width/String : 640 pixels
    Height/String : 480 pixels
    DisplayAspectRatio/String : 4:3
    FrameRate/String : 25.000 fps
    ColorSpace : YUV
    BitDepth/String : 8 bits
    ScanType/String : Progressive
    Compression_Mode/String : Lossy
    Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 0.286
    StreamSize/String : 128 MiB (92%)

Audio
    ID/String : 192 (0xC0)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format_Version : Version 1
    Format_Profile : Layer 2
    Duration/String : 8mn 27s
    BitRate_Mode/String : Constant
    BitRate/String : 64.0 Kbps
    Channel(s)/String : 1 channel
    SamplingRate/String : 32.0 KHz
    Compression_Mode/String : Lossy
    Video_Delay/String : 360ms
    StreamSize/String : 3.88 MiB (3%)

Also, I have been trying to encode my video file using various different combinations of audio/video codecs and container formats using Avidemux. I have noticed that if I alter the compression or the container format even slightly, the video and audio immediately go out of sync. In fact, the result of such tweaking is exactly the same as what happens to my video once it's on Youtube.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do with my video so that Youtube doesn't make a mess of it?!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I suspect the problems YouTube had with it are related to the crap audio it has. I'm not sure how you can blame the problem on YouTube when you say you get the same problem when doing any conversions yourself. I think it may be due to either the audio bitrate or the sampling rate (probably the sampling rate). Your video removed every 5th frame (making it 20fps) and then was speeded back up to 25fps. That accounts for it playing 25% faster.

My suggestion is to convert the audio to at least 44.1 KHz and 128 Kbps, remux it with the video, and then try again.

Also, your blacks were horribly crushed and the whites, if there were any, would be blown. Can't you see how dark and murky the video is? And the camera person should have used a tripod. The whole video looks lousy
    Quote Quote  
  3. I resampled the audio using MP3 lame at 48 Khz and 128 Kbps. It won't allow me to do so at 44.1 Khz and says make sure number of channels and bitrate are compatible with the encoder. The resulting audio file is roughly 33% shorter. For this purpose I had cut a clip of 1:32 from the original video which is 8:27. When I demuxed this 1:32 segment, the resulting audio file is 1:01 in duration. When I extracted only the video, I again got a 1:01 video regardless of whether I retain the original codec or change it to something like xvid for instance. Remuxing the two files gave me a clip of 1:01 duration.

It's almost as if my video shortens the moment I "touch" it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    uploading the source 1:32 clip to a file hosting site will probably be the best way to get help from the folks here, as they will be able to try a wider selection of tools.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay, I have uploaded a segment of my original file. It's 1:32 in duration (~25 Megs) and can be downloaded from here:

http://www.wikiupload.com/94AFWA5X0H11K4G
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    strange mpeg-1. what was it cut from and what tools did you use? it's not vcd mpeg-1. nothing i have identifies it as 1:32, mostly about 40sec. some as 27. did the complete original play properly? possibly whatever you cut it with messed it up.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  7. It was cut from the original which is 8:27. I could upload that if you will prefer. I used Boilsoft Video Splitter to cut it. VLC, QuickTime, Media Player Classic all recognize the video as 1:32. The complete original also plays properly for the entire duration.

Here are the details for the 1:32 which I have uploaded.

General
    Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\MOV02114_chunk_21_c hunk_1.MPG
    File size : 25.2 MiB
    Duration : 1mn 32s
    Overall bit rate : 2 291 Kbps

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format version : Version 1
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Duration : 1mn 1s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 2 181 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.284
    Stream size : 16.1 MiB (64%)

Audio
    ID : 192 (0xC0)
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Duration : 1mn 32s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
    Delay relative to video : 360ms
    Stream size : 720 KiB (3%)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that's not what i got at this end.

mediainfo-

General
    Complete name : G:\Temp\video test files\MOV02114_chunk_21_chunk_1.MPG
    File size : 10.5 MiB
    Duration : 40s 284ms
    Overall bit rate : 2 186 Kbps

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Duration : 27s 160ms
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 2 078 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.271
    Stream size : 6.73 MiB (64%)

Audio
    ID : 192 (0xC0)
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Duration : 40s 284ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
    Delay relative to video : 360ms
    Stream size : 315 KiB (3%)
    --
    Quote Quote  
  9. How is this possible? The file itself is 25.2 MB and I am downloading it right now. In your case, the same file shows up as 10.5 MB.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Are you sure you have downloaded it fully? Maybe it's case of a broken download?
    Quote Quote  
  11. "This is funny. I downloaded the same file back and VLC is showing 1:24 instead of 1:32"

Please ignore the above; the file is playing as 1:32 after downloading it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it must not have been fully uploaded when i d/l'd it. got it complete the second time.

Name:  2011-01-28_122155.png
Views: 1997
Size:  3.2 KB
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there seems to be an error in the video at about 1:01

• Description: Input file is not completely processed
    • Possible causes
      • Part of the input bitstream is erroneous
      • Input file is an improperly ripped file
      • The decoder has encountered a error during decoding and terminated unexpected

by using mpegstreamclip i was able to get past it and convert to mpeg-4/aac which youtube will use properly. try converting the entire video with it. ( file export as mp4.)
    Image Attached Files
    --
    Quote Quote  
  14. The file you have created is 1:08 and the video continues to play ahead of the audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    crap sorry i uploaded one of the other failures.
    Image Attached Files
    --
    Quote Quote  
  16. Ok, this looks great. The quality of the mp4 is a tad lower than the original mpeg though. Wondering if it makes sense to try and improve on that since Youtube will probably ruin the video a bit anyway.

I tried doing what you said using Avidemux, but it didn't work out. So I am now trying to figure out Mpeg Streamclip 1.2.

This is what I think I need to do :

Go to --> Export to Other Formats

Select MPEG-4 as the compression

Click on Options

Now here there are many fields that need to be filled, and I am not sure if I am filling them out correctly. Could you please post what settings you used here?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by selectivesloth View Post
    The resulting audio file is roughly 33% shorter.
    Then you did something wrong. However, I also have that problem when changing sample rates using Lame. So I don't use it. Like the others, I also suggest uploading the original source. The whole thing. I'm pretty sure someone here can get a decent video from it, maintaining the correct length. If it's bigger than 200MB, you might have to use MegaUpload, as much as I hate that place. For smaller files try Sendspace or MediaFire. Or maybe your wikiupload can handle large files. Based on the length of the 1:32 one you uploaded, it shouldn't be more than 125-150 MB.

And I might have been too quick to blame the audio when maybe it was the cutting that screwed it up.

And I can't get the original sample to check. Was it removed? Anyway, aedipuss, why is every third frame of yours a duplicate? Is the source like that? It isn't like that on YouTube
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sure and i used a lower than normal bitrate to make it small to upload here. you can use a higher one for better quality. move the quality slider to 50 to start and see if it is good enough for you. in the picture i forgot to enter 25 into the framerate box, you should do so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-01-28_140844.png
Views:	1397
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	5329
    --
    Quote Quote  
  19. Thanks a lot. This actually works. YouTube handled the mp4 very well. I am tempted to keep the quality 100%. Why stop short? As for the Audio, should I keep it at 256 kbps? That's a little counter-intuitive since the source is at 64 kbps.

Actually I made the mp4 differently than you have. Instead of exporting to Mpeg-4, I exported to "other format" and there I selected Mpeg-4. I also went into the options where I changed things like the resolution, H.264, frame rate. But there I couldn't change the "data rate" to more than 256 kbps or Quality more than 50%.

I got a 37 Meg file which looks kinda okay. I am wondering if this would be one good way to do it or will your method and making the quality 100 % will give me a better output?

Also, how did you come to know that there is an error in the source at 1:01?

And, there is another option -- MP4 Advanced Video Settings where I have two encoding options -- Multi-pass and single pass. It seems to make more sense to go for Multi-Pass. What do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i rest the aac audio bitrate to 64kbps, no reason to make it more. the mpeg-4 exporter is just easier to set up, but i would leave the size 640x480 alone, as it will retain better quality if it isn't re-sized also. try both and see what you like.

most encoders i tried died just after a minute into the video and mediacoder reported the error.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i rest the aac audio bitrate to 64kbps, no reason to make it more.
    Yeah, but you made it dual mono so that same bitrate is now spread among 2 channels. If he's going to make his dual mono, he should up it to at least 128. Yeah, I know AAC audio compresses better than does MP2 audio, but still... And I ask again, why is every third frame of yours a duplicate frame?
    Last edited by manono; 28th Jan 2011 at 14:09.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Well, how about I just make it 256 kbps. Too much won't hurt right?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by selectivesloth View Post
    Well, how about I just make it 256 kbps. Too much won't hurt right?
    no, it won't do anything other than take up 4 times as much space as 64kbps.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  24. Oh crap, but manono said that I should have at least 128. Now it's encoding with 256, let's see what happens!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i rest the aac audio bitrate to 64kbps, no reason to make it more.
    Yeah, but you made it dual mono so that same bitrate is now spread among 2 channels. If he's going to make his dual mono, he should up it to at least 128. Yeah, I know AAC audio compresses better than does MP2 audio, but still... And I ask again, why is every third frame of yours a duplicate frame?

i'd guess his source isn't the original. 640x480 progressive mpeg-1 vbr PAL?? never seen it before, but i'd guess it was a VCD at some point that's been badly ripped.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by selectivesloth View Post
    Oh crap, but manono said that I should have at least 128. Now it's encoding with 256, let's see what happens!

don't worry about it, i was making a small joke. aac audio take up very little room compared to the video. 256 is fine.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  27. My source is the original. I shot it myself with my Sony DigiCam. The mpg file segment on which you worked is the unadulterated output of what I shot with my camera.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Jeez man, multi-pass is taking ages. It's been close to 30 minutes and even an 8 minute video has not finished encoding!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    next time uncheck multipass? not really required unless using low bitrates.

what model sony cam is it?
    --
    Quote Quote