VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. The deshaker website seems to be down. Can you upload it somewhere, in case you have the installation?

Managed to get deshaker.
    Last edited by selectivesloth; 29th Jan 2011 at 13:03.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Where is the Detect Zoom option? I couldn't find it anywhere. When you say horizontal & vertical panning and rotation values, do you mean the absolute values or the correction percentages? My guess is that you mean the absolute values.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Detect Zoom is in the middle section, Pass 1 Parameters, about 1/3 the way down. Yes, I set the Motion Smoothness settings to 5000.

Regarding the missing Direct Stream Copy settings in the MPEG 2 options, I think it's because I was using the MPEG 2 source plugin, not VirtualDub's built in MPEG 1 decoder:

http://home.comcast.net/~fcchandler/index.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. how do you use this plugin? I have just extracted the files in the main Vdub folder and still I am not getting the option as you have said. I haven't extracted them in the "plugin" folder because that it seems is only for the filter plugins.

Okay, it's got a readme on how to use the plugin. That should help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. There is no option to detect zoom in the area you have mentioned. I am going ahead without it; will it make much difference?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Detect zoom is in the pass 1 parameters
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	5352  

Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by selectivesloth View Post
    There is no option to detect zoom in the area you have mentioned. I am going ahead without it; will it make much difference?
    Maybe you have an old version of Deshaker?

http://www.guthspot.se/video/files/Deshaker.zip
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, this website is not accessible to me. I managed to get deshaker from somewhere, it's a 132 KB file, don't know which version though. Is "Detect Zoom" critical? What does it do??
    Quote Quote  
  9. Whenever I finish this process, I am getting an AVI file which is 1:01 and only has sound. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there a particular sequence in which all this needs to be done?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am having some problem with Deshaker. After adjusting the options in Pass 1, when I come out to the main screen to run a video analysis pass, the output video screen goes black and it displays a message saying --> No previous Frame to match on. If I continue with the process, my final output file is only a 1:01 audio file.

If I do the encoding with all the filters except deshaker, I get a proper video file with no sync issue.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Another issue is that pass 1 deshaker gives an output of 640x490 as I see on my screen as against a 640 x 480 of other filters. Wondering if that might be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  12. The larger frame during pass 1 doesn't matter. Deshaker just makes the frame a little larger for the status information that appears at the bottom of the frame. During the second pass it won't do that.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Okay here's the screenshot. The green screen actually contains the input video, but for some reason it hasn't been captured by print screen. The output screen is the one that goes black and gives the error message.

Name:	send.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	5356  

Quote Quote  
  14. If I uncheck Deshaker (it hasn't even finished the first pass yet), I get this screen with both input and video screens visible. The input screen is still green, my print screen doesn't seem interested in capturing it.

Name:	send.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	5357  

Quote Quote  
  15. VirtualDub is using Video Overlay mode to display the source video (because it's more efficient). That uses the graphics card's ability to handle video -- the video isn't really on the Desktop. The green window you see from the screen cap is a hole in the Desktop through which the graphics card displays the video. If you need to make screen caps you can force VirtualDub to use the Desktop to display both panes. Disable: Options -> Preferences -> Display -> Use DirectX for Display Panes. You'll probably have to exit and restart VirtualDub for the change to take place.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I could do that but the main issue here is the "No previous frame to match on" and a black output screen the moment I check Deshaker.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I am getting a weird output. I cut a small segment of the main file and only applied the Deshake filter. Did everything like you mentioned and then saved it as Xvid in an AVI container. The resulting output video is rather funny and I am attaching it here. Can you take a look and tell me what's going on? I have got everything figured out; it's only when I apply Deshake that things go haywire.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. I forgot to mention that I enabled the "Use previous and future frames to fill in borders". To deshake a video it has to shift each frame around to keep the subject centered, leaving the edges of the frame are empty. That option lets deshaker use parts of earlier and later frames to fill in those empty areas. It usually works pretty well with static backgrounds. You can also try some of the other edge compensation methods, like adaptive zoom.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Do I need to make any changes in the settings under "Use previous and future frames to fill in borders"? Or should I just keep them at default? In the edge compensation drop-down menu there are four option that feature adaptive zoom, which one do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  20. I used the defaults for the border fill options. I recommend you try the edge compensation settings your self and see how they work. Your video is very shaky and has a lot of motion blur during the shakes. You probably want to minimize the zooming.
    Quote Quote  
  21. This still isn't as good as the mp4 you made. I have done everything you have done. I am yet to try edge compensation. But my reasoning is I should get what your mp4 looks like, but I am not. I am can still see those "deshaker" frames fading in and out.

How do I minimize zooming?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. Ok, I tried all 5 edge compensations and the first two look nearly identical and are the best. I guess I will go for one of the two. Now what are you saying about minimizing zooming? How do I do that?
    Quote Quote  
  23. There's a lot of blur during the shakes. Is there a way I can get rid of that? I am not sure if by minimizing zoom you mean that I should set that to zero in that pass 2 Deshaker settings.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I think you should leave the Edge Compensation set to None so you don't get any zoom. The video is grainy and not especially sharp. Any zooming is going to make it look worse.

I don't think there's anything you can do about the motion blur in the frames where there was lots of motion before deshaking.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Well this is the first video I have ever shot, and I was moving quite a bit while shooting it. I also paced back and forth a fair bit and that I think that was the motion that is now causing the blur.

If I leave the edge compensation to none, I get a video where I can see frames fading in and out; the only way I am able to get rid of this effect is by choosing one of the edge compensation methods.

Also, the AVI export takes a long time, would an mp4 / AVC export been faster?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by selectivesloth View Post
    If I leave the edge compensation to none, I get a video where I can see frames fading in and out; the only way I am able to get rid of this effect is by choosing one of the edge compensation methods.
    I don't know what you mean by "fading in and out". Are you talking about the errors at the edge of the frame (where deshaker didn't perfectly match the background)? Like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	edge.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	5387

You might try widening Previous Frames and Future Frames values. And Soft Borders will soften the edge transitions. Increasing the Motion Smoothness settings might help too.

Originally Posted by selectivesloth View Post
    Also, the AVI export takes a long time, would an mp4 / AVC export been faster?
    No, it will get slower.

By the way, the drumming is really cool!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I kinda solved the problem by using adaptive zoom (some borders). I managed to create two videos which are at least as good as the mp4 you made. I also uploaded the big AVI files to YT which has handled them well. Not sure if there is much to gain by doing what you have suggested and then uploading the files again, especially since I can't get rid of the blur anyway. Not sure if it's worth the effort. What do you think? (The deshaking + AVI's take a while to come out and then uploading them takes some time too)

"By the way, the drumming is really cool!"

Thanks, I have been learning from him.

Currently trying to give him some online presence since he is too good to not have one!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Harekrishnarath?feature=mhum

This is his channel, you could check out the two videos I just uploaded i.e. the ones on which we worked. You could check out some of his other videos too -- especially the ones in which he is wearing white -- they are of the highest quality amongst all the 11 which I have uploaded so far.

www.wix.com/haregenadha/temp -- That's his website that I am making. It' still under construction though. You could check it out too if you like.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I agree, but I also think the droning sitar or tambura or whatever it is is like fingernails on a blackboard after awhile. And this went on for an hour?
    Quote Quote  
  29. This is off topic, but do you guys know Taa Deem by the Asian Dub Foundation? I love that song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjYPovauHJw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC0-4hspHvM&feature=related

And, of course, Mohammed Rafi's Jaan Pehechaan Ho!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHA_S48KRrI
    Last edited by jagabo; 30th Jan 2011 at 23:13.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I agree, but I also think the droning sitar or tambura or whatever it is is like fingernails on a blackboard after awhile. And this went on for an hour?
    Yes, it was a 1 + hour solo. I could only record the last leg because that's about as much video my card can hold.
    Quote Quote