This one's driving me up a wall right now. Just when I finally thought I had using ffmpeg to convert my vids to a compatible PSP format, this throws a big monkey wrench into it.

Original file: AVI w/ XviD codec. 688x384, 25fps. audio 128kbps cbr MP3
Output file: MP4 w/ AVC codec: 480x272, *note*fps. audio 128kbps vbr AAC

I put *note* in the fps because I've tried both the normal 29.97fps the PSP is used to as well as the 25fps the original file is in. Neither made a difference.

Now, the funny thing about all this is the output file seems fine when playing through VLC/MPC-HT. The problem lies when I actually attempt to play it on the PSP. The audio goes up in pitch considerably, almost as if it were chipmunks talking (but not quite that high). My kneejerk reaction was "oh, did I hit up on the d-pad, speeding up the video?", but then I checked and recalled that the PSP's playback speed doesn't actually change the audio pitch. I'm utilizing settings that haven't changed between other videos, including similar videos to this one. The only exception being that I haven't actually dealt with the original video being 25fps before. Any ideas on what could be going on? Only this new attempt is doing this to me.